*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136088-Beautiful-Innocence
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1136088
Sarah's Questions
Sarah’s Questions

It was a beautiful Sunday evening and Sarah was happy. She and her father had visited her grandmother during the weekend and they were now returning. As Sarah and her father were driving down the road, Sarah looked up into the sky and then suddenly turned to her father.

"Daddy, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, Pumpkin. What is it?"

"Daddy, when I go to heaven, can I taste a milky way?" Sarah's father just looked at her with surprise and did not say anything. He silently drove to the mall and then parked. Meanwhile, Sarah was staring at her father, waiting for him to answer the question.

"Sarah,"

"Before you answer that, can I ask you some more questions? So that, that way you can answer all of them at once."

Sarah's father braced himself and then nodded his head.

"When we go to heaven, are we going to see Grandpa? And when we go to heaven are we going there to stay or are we just gonna visit? Because I really want to see grandpa and well, grandma said that he was in heaven and that some of us could visit him and that some of us could go stay with him."

"Sarah..."

"When we go to heaven, is it ok if I ask God whether we he needs another angel to help pour down the rain?"

Sarah's father looked at her, thankful that it was dark, because he had tears in his tears.
"You know what, pumpkin? When you say your night prayers tonight, why not ask God all of that? I bet he will answer you."

"Ok." Said Sarah and then she promptly fell asleep.

Sarah's father looked at her and then looked at the sky, thanking God that he was blessed with such a wonderful child.
© Copyright 2006 Saved Star-Out of country (cmorah1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136088-Beautiful-Innocence