*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136671-Training-Hall
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tomasu
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1136671
My first post. Morning during the 2nd week of Yun's training.
Yun sat kneeling in the center of the large, empty dojo. The ancient hardwood floors felt cool through his thin training pants in the early autumn morning. He felt a gentle breeze roll through the room and saw the morning’s first sun touch his closed eyelids. Dawn meant that his meditation was complete. He took a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes. Parts of the hall were still covered in dust – he would have to take some time off from training today to do some more thorough cleaning.

He stood up and walked across the floor directly in front of him and out onto the deck that surrounded this wide open hall. All of the sliding shoji doors leading onto the deck were wide open, making Yun feel like he was always outside. He looked up and confirmed that it was indeed early morning. From the nature of the clouds, there would probably be a thunderstorm that day. It didn’t really matter. Yun was going to train no matter what the weather did. It was just nice to know what kind of environment he would be absorbed in today.

He took a few moments to mentally run through the morning's training regiment that Meikal had laid out for him the previous week. He couldn't help but smile. Meikal was right when he said that at this point in his life, he lived to train. Yun bent both knees slightly and with masterful agility flipped off of the porch and landed on his feet, ten meters from the training hall. As soon as his feet touched the dusty path he broke into a run. It was roughly 15 kilometers of steep mountain trails to reach the summit. Once there the real training would begin. Yun couldn't wait. He felt his Ki course through his body as he activated his wind stance technique and leapt to 30 meters to the top of the nearest maple tree.
© Copyright 2006 Tomasu (tomasusan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136671-Training-Hall