*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136729-Chapter-1---IP
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1136729
First chapter in the book
Riding inside the dimly lit cargo hold of the armored truck was like being transported inside solitary confinement. Foxx fought the all too familiar anxiety that haunted him in confined spaces. His legs had gotten stiff from sitting on the cold metal floor, and he shifted position, wincing as he felt blood pour back into his lower body. He still clutched the bizarre treasure they had removed from the embassy under his coat.

“I think we’re on the highway now,” Jennifer whispered.

Foxx sensed the same thing. The truck, after an unnerving pause atop a hill, had moved on, snaking left and right for a few minutes, and was now accelerating toward what Foxx could only imagine was top speed. Beneath them, the bulletproof tires hummed on the smooth pavement. Forcing his attention to the precious box, Foxx laid his weapon on the floor, unwrapped his jacket, and extracted the box, pulling it toward him. Jennifer shifted her position so they were both sitting in front of their prize, side by side. They both felt like they were two kids huddled over a Christmas present.

In contrast to the warm colors of the mahogany box, the symbol of a pentagram had been hand crafted into the wood.
© Copyright 2006 Krusher (grabejr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136729-Chapter-1---IP