*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136830-Death-Defied-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rei
Rated: ASR · Sample · Fantasy · #1136830
This is just the first chapter of my new story. Hope you all like it!
Chapter 1- First Day of Trouble

....It’s coming....

“What? ”, Rin shot up from his bed gripping his bed sheet. “It was just a dream...” He sighed, then turned to his left. The light came in from his half-covered window revealing that it was morning. It was the end of summer break, and it was his first day at his new high school. “Gouten High School.........I finally start........”, He closed his eyes, thinking of nothing but sleep, until, from the corner of his eyes, he saw his clock. It had a green light showing 7:30. “7:30...........Wh-what! 7:30!" I’ll be late for my first day ”, Rin quickly got up from his bed and started dressing. “I hope I’ll be able to make it.” He got out of his house and started thinking about how his first day would be. ‘I’ll finally get to meet Ayame after all these years!” The thought made him forget about all his troubles.

He started running down the street towards his high school. Rin wasn’t very good at running, but he made it there just in time. Everyone was gathered around these boards that stated which class they would be in. “Wow, Gouten High School sure is big .” The building itself was huge and covered up a wide area of space. Not only that, but its fields were very spacious. Basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, football fields, they were all there.

“Yo Rin! It’s about time you came here! ”, a man shouted. He wore the regular clothing worn by the students who attended Gouten High School. His hair was tall and spiky. “It’s your best friend Hei I’ve been waiting for you for half an hour already ”

“Sorry man, I woke up pretty late. Long time no see Hei.” Rin said with a smile.

“Yeah, same here. Just came back from the states. Oh yeah, on my way here, I met with this girl who was looking for you.” Hei said. Rin’s face went blank.

“Could it be.......” Rin thought. He thought of Ayame who had been his childhood friend ever since he moved back to Japan. She moved to a different area when they were in Middle school. Ever since then, he’s been waiting for some kind of message from her. The only letter he received from her stated that she would be attending Gouten High School.

“She looked really pissed off. What worried me the most was that she carried a sword with her. So I got the hell outta her way and went straight here.” Hei explained. Rin’s face turned serious.

“What! A sword! You don’t think....”Rin shouted in surprise. A girl with a really pissed off expression interrupted their conversation.

“I have found you Rin Migura! I will never forgive you! ”, the girl shouted. She carried a sheathed sword in her left hand and was prepared to attack. She wore a high school uniform outfit and had long red hair. “DIE NOW! ”, she dashed towards Rin with her sword tightly grasped. Rin, who was immediately confused by the situation, put up his hands in a shaky matter.

“W-What did I do? ” Rin shouted. The girl neared him with the intent to kill.

“This chick’s crazy!” Hei shouted.. He lifted up his right foot in front of the girl and laughed. As the girl ran past Hei, she tripped over his foot and fell forward landing on Rin. They both hit the floor, with a surprised look on their face. She grinned and immediately stood up.

“A-Are you okay?”, Rin asked cautiously. He slowly got up.

“ I hate you...y-you killed my parents! I hate you! ” She shouted. She fell to her knees and started crying. The crowd that had gathered around them gasped in horror.

“Hey! I never did such a thing! What are you talking about!” Rin shouted. The girl pushed him back.

“You.......”,the girl mumbled, wiping her tears. “I’m sorry...”. She stood up and ran away from everyone.

“Huh? She’s sorry? Wait, what the hell is going on here!” Rin shouted. He noticed the sword she left behind. “Her sword.....” Rin went to pick it up. Hei started shaking his head.

“This must’ve been one hell of a misunderstanding. Hey man, cheer up. Lets just forget about it.” Hei said. Rin nodded in agreement. Everyone went back to doing what they were doing, but the incident was all they were talking about.

“That girls really scary I heard she’s just attending this school.” A man said. Rin overheard their conversation.

“What She goes here in our school!? I don’t wanna meet her.” The man’s friend replied.

“I heard her name is Maya Chronos. That name is pretty strange.” Another man said. Rin shook his head and walked over to the boards, looking for his name.

“Haha! Yo Rin We’re in the same class again!” Hei shouted. He pointed out their names.
CLASS 1-A
Migura Rin #204 Shin Hei #205
“Great!” Rin shouted. He took another look at the board in row 1-A, and noticed two names somewhere below his. It was Kaede Ayame, and Maya Chronos. The sudden appearance of their names gave him both a chill and a feeling of relief. “No way....”
© Copyright 2006 Rei (reinard208 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136830-Death-Defied-Chapter-1