*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136856-Session
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Malice
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1136856
My brain short circuited when I heard the melodic tune of his voice...
         I waited anxiously as you took your place in front of the classroom for all to see. I don’t remember why I was not in my usual seat. But I was glad that I had sat in that certain chair that particular day so that I could see you more clearly.

          You stood there waiting for silence, and then you began to speak in your accented voice. You introduced yourself again; I still didn’t catch your name. It rolled off of your tongue so quickly, so smoothly, so beautifully.... but all too fast in your foreign tone. I’d even stood by the class attendance sheet several times slyly running my eyes across the syllables of your name. The letters were so small though and time was so short. I had to move quickly lest you figure out what I was up to and laugh at me. Sa-something-Al-somebody...that was all I knew.

          I watched your lips dance as you gave your presentation and tearing my eyes from their hypnotic movement, I focused on the whole of your face. I stared at your dark eyes wondering, what shade were they? Were they as dark as they seemed? Were there any hidden surprises...any hidden flecks of beauty in their depths?

          You kept on speaking, I was only vaguely aware of the words leaving your mouth as you seduced me with your exotic tune in front of everyone. They were completely unaware of what you were doing. You were so slick about it, barely even glancing at me throughout the discourse. You cracked a joke then and I managed to break away from the spell you’d wove on me long enough to catch it. Something...something... you moved your arms looking for words, then your deep melodic voice continued: “you have to eat outside the bun.” They laughed. I laughed too at your inapt silliness. What were you thinking including Taco Bell phrases in your presentation? Still smiling, I was stricken again by the pendulum you unknowingly swayed in front of me.

          I looked at the hairs covering your face...they looked so smooth and I wondered if they felt as such? Would they gently scratch at my tender skin if I kissed you? Or would they tickle me softly and make me laugh? You looked at me again and appeared this time as though you might penetrate my mental shield. I averted my gaze afraid you would read my thoughts. I couldn’t allow that. I still didn’t know your name nor did you know mine...at least I didn’t think you did though mine is much simpler.

          All too soon, the little game between us ended and you stopped speaking. The applause in the room snatched me from my reverie and brought my soul wholly into the room with all the other individuals. I clapped for you too even though I’d only heard a little more than half of what you said. I wished your serenade had lasted much longer. I wanted to hear the lovely sounds your tongue could induce as it pressed against the palate of your sweet mouth. But then you took your seat, and much to my chagrin, our session was finished.
© Copyright 2006 Malice (xephyria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136856-Session