*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136860-Nightmares-Can-Come-True
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1136860
Nightmares bring out the possibility of pre-cognition, or seeing the future.
"Somebody... HELP ME!!" The scream seemed to echo through. I was asleep at the moment, my dream was nothing special, but the woman's scream and the baby's cry was enough to make me wonder if it was a part of the dream...
11:00 PM; I am alone, awake, and afraid. Never have I had a normal dream be interuppted by what seemed to be reality taking control. My father wasn't present, and all I had for company was my two cats. Both of which were not currently in my room. The woman's scream was curdling, a person could hear the fear within her voice, the tears that were choking her. Something was wrong, I had to help her... but I was too afraid to confirm my fears. I kept telling myself it was just a dream, but sometimes even a normal dream can become reality.
Morning; The sun is up, warm, inviting... and free from the past fear that I wasn't alone. My neighbors are out working in their yard, and life seems to go on like nothing had ever happened. That the woman was just a dream...
10:48 PM; The moon is out and once again I am alone... I close my eyes awaiting for the sandman to put me to sleep.
"SOMEBODY... HELP ME!!" The woman's blood curdling scream filled my ears... I forced my eyes shut even more. I can't allow a dream to take control of me, it is unheard of and strange. And yet... the woman needed me. I don't know how I can help... or if I am just dreaming.
9:20 PM The Next Night; I plan on going to sleep early, perhaps this is what my problem is. I hope this is my problem. Everything is so far normal, my dream is no more than me and my best friend playing a computer game. And then I start hearing the cries of a baby echoing into my head.
From the screams the baby is alone, scared, and even possibly hungry. But I can't help it. I am in a dream... I want to stay in that dream. I am afraid of what I will find if I am forced to open my eyes.
The cries become louder. So loud that I am forced to open my eyes. No matter how much afraid I am I need to find out what is going on. My sanity needs it, my lack of sleep beckons it.
I walk slowly down the hall, shadows are playing tricks on me... everything seems to play tricks on me now I move to the back door. The door is in a room that is near my bedroom. My bedroom window is near the door. Whatever's out there is also near that door.
I take a deep breath, I close my eyes and I open the door.
5:45 AM; My father found me. I was laying in a pool of blood outside of our house. The baby was real, the screams were real... all of it was real. I am not. At least not anymore... sometimes dreams are just normal dreams and that's that, but sometimes... they are worse. I am alone now, forever dreaming. No more are my past cries plauging me, no more are my blood curdling screams waking me from my sleep.
I just wish now that I didn't hear my future... that it was all just a dream.
© Copyright 2006 Unwritten_soul (unwritten_soul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136860-Nightmares-Can-Come-True