*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1137977-Going-to-the-Chapel
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1137977
A Writer's Cramp entry
It has been years since I darkened the doors of a church. There'll be no way in Heaven that I was going back to those spiritual temples to our creator alone... In my dreams, my return to a house of worship went like this.

The truck and trailer were loaded, the picnic basket was packed and I had a nice long shower the night before. I learned how to turn the water on and off, so getting clean was easier than ever. I just hoped Sam took my hint and found the time to clean up as well. This was going to be a special day for me, my friends and other members of the congregation of the First Country Non-Denominational Church. This was the day that I was to be wed.

I heard their choir is top notch and they can turn a barn dance into a spiritual awakening with a few bars of "Amazing Grace". For some reason that song always made me think of lush green grass, cloudless blue skies, and a cool mountain stream and I so wanted to march down the aisle, with my lace veil covering my face and my long train flowing down my back. Sam will be at the front of the church in front of the pastor with his dazzling 24k gold bell and chain.

The alter and surrounding church interior will be decorated with hay bales and sunflowers. My bridesmaid and flower girl will be my good friend, Novella. Sam's best man will be my other good friend, Jake and the "father" of the bride will be none other than the Milkman. He'll be so proud of his animals on this day that his eyes will flow more water than my rusty old drink cup.

After the short wedding ceremony we'll be loaded up into the crepe paper flowers and streamer decorated horse trailer and driven off to the Milkman's most luscious field and left to our honeymoon for a few days.
© Copyright 2006 Bovine Bessie (bessie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1137977-Going-to-the-Chapel