*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138265-The-Suits
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1138265
This is a story of a bad home told through the eyes of the child
You couldn’t get to the door under the stairs when the men in suits came. Daddy got angry with them, they asked him where I was, he said I was out with my friends; but I wasn’t, I had no friends, I was under the stairs, but the men in suits couldn’t get me out. I wanted to shout and bang on the door, but I didn’t because I knew mummy and daddy would be very angry if I did; and that belt hurts.

Daddy was angry when the men in suits left, he got me from under the stairs, he took me upstairs and threw me into my bedroom.
‘Your not to do gym again,’ He said, then he started hitting me with the belt, it hurt worse this time because he used the sharp end, my mummy slapped me and punched me; then she took of her slipper and started hitting me with it.
‘Stay here, you go to bed without any tea,’ She slammed my bedroom door shut.
I lay on my bed crying with my eyes shut trying to get to sleep, but I couldn’t because my back hurt me so much.

The next day, in gym, my teacher said that I had to do it because I didn’t have a note. While I was getting changed the teacher saw the marks and wanted to know where I got them from, but I didn’t tell her because I knew mummy and daddy would get angry.
She took me to the headmasters office, he wanted to know where I got the marks from as well, but I wouldn’t tell him, so he called the men in suits, they came and took me away, they said nothing bad would happen to me if I told the truth about where I got the marks from, so I told them, my mummy and daddy hit me. The asked how often. So I said, ‘All the time.’

I got to go on television, I told a man in a red gown behind a big table what my mummy and daddy did. But I wasn’t in the same room. I was in a small room with a camera, and I talked to the camera, and the man in the red gown could hear and see me. He asked me what my mummy and daddy hit me with, so I told him that they hit me with the slipper and the belt, and hit me with hair hands; I told him that they locked me in the cupboard under the stairs and they sent me to bed with no tea.

They took my mummy and daddy away, and I went to a big building with lots of other girls and boys; but not for long.

I have a new mummy and daddy now, they don’t hit me or lock me under the stairs; I am happy now.
I ask my new mummy and daddy, where my old mummy and daddy have gone, they just say that they have gone away and will not hurt me any more; I am glad.
I have real friends now; I don’t tell them what happened because I know that that was wrong, I am happy now, I now that this is right, so why, why do I cry at night when I think about my old mummy and daddy? I don’t tell anyone because I am embarrassed, my friends would laugh and call me a baby, so I don’t tell anyone, I am happy, I love my new mummy and daddy. I hope they don’t go away like my old mummy and daddy.
© Copyright 2006 Shadow Writer (sdm23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138265-The-Suits