*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138579-The-Hopeless-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Short Story · Death · #1138579
Its about two victims of drunk driving.
It's a dark rainy night and no stars in the sky to look at for hope. There on the concrete road stands a girl in clothes that are soaked in blood. Around her people are running around franticly while she stood still. The girl looks down and sees something in front of her on the ground.
Earlier that day the girl, Teela, started her day just like any other day. When Teela got dressed she went down stairs to see her mom who’s name is Cybele and her father was sitting down at the kitchen table reading a book while drinking his gross coffee and the father’s name is Avital. Teela went to the living room and got her backpack. Then went back into the kitchen and said “bye mom, bye dad. Love you both!” She gave them both hugs and then her mom said, “you better come straight out when the bell rings, because I’m picking you up. OK!” Teela sighed with a smile at the end of it and said, “OK! Fine!” She smiled and left for school just like always.
When Teela reached school she did her normal thing. She visited her friends in the morning and when the bell rang she went to her first period class. At the end of the day she was tired and she couldn’t wait to go home because it was a Friday, but this Friday was different. She was going to her first date. She was so excited about it that when the bell rang at 3:20 to go home she didn’t hear it. When she finally realized the bell rang she ran outside to meet her mom at parent pick-up. She saw her mom in their silver van. Teela ran to her mom and got into the van. “Hey mom, how was your day?” asked Teela. “My day was OK. What about your day?” “My day was great!” said Teela with a big smile on her face.
When they got home it was 3:30 p.m. and when she got home she started to get ready. Even though her date was at 8:00 p.m. she was waiting for him since 5:37 p.m. Her friend Mythri called her and told her don’t worry and just be you. They both said bye and after hanging up the doorbell rang and Teela went to answer the door and her date walked in to the house. Everyone was happy for Teela.
When the boy came she had a bad feeling about getting into the car, but Teela got into the car anyway. After she got into the car both Teela and the boy, whose name is Sloane, went to the movies. They went to go see ‘Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest’. After the movie was over Sloane was going to take Teela back home, but on the way back to Teela’s house a car driven by a drunk driver hit them and that is what brings us back to the present.
Teela felt all right, but then a couple of paramedics were running in her direction and when they stopped running they kneeled on the ground. Teela looked in front of her on the ground and started to cry, because she saw him. She couldn’t believe it was him.
A couple of weeks later after the wreck everyone went to the funeral for him. The rain maybe dry from that night, but the tears that spilled on that hopeless night will never dry for the lost Sloane.
© Copyright 2006 Water Angel (waterangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138579-The-Hopeless-Night