*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138975-Caught-in-the-shadow
by nobody
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Experience · #1138975
Confused emotions of reality

Caught in the shadow…



Having a key to the door that won’t open is frustrating especially if the key is in my dreams and the door is in reality and it’s not very often that the two worlds meet. That feeling haunts me and makes me wonder if I could ever get to a point in my life where I belong and where I truly want to be. I don’t want to wallow in ignorance of reality for the rest of my life; but when the reality partially seems like a dreadful dream, all I can do is dream of what reality could be. Lying helpless in the hands of fate is what the regret’s all about at the end; knowing everything could have different if the truth was not over shadowed by judgments and expectations.

Being caught in the crazy cycle of the fear of acceptance and boundaries has always been the reason for people to follow patterns even the ones that they don’t understand. Most of such people nearing the end of their journey have to rudely accept the regret of living in ignorance which they swore they’d never do, but life has its twists and turns of events and unfortunately they strike to be different people altogether. Most of the time this makes me think and believe that I would be better off in places where identity and judgments wouldn’t be at my tail and I could be whoever I wanted to be without getting badgered with the perceptions others have of me. The questions in life for everyone are the same just like a test but the answers are all up to us; either write them by the book or just write it your way but at the same time making sense of it is important.

Breaking free from the chains, finding a way back to light is the answer if I ever want to feel my soul living, which in a way is to feel the unlimited forces of joys and sorrows which otherwise don’t seem to curb me emotionally. So I am working on this ‘piece’ called life and hoping it could be a masterpiece of truth, consideration of oneself and others, and by that, also hope to create a lasting and sustainable end to this journey. I am just waiting for a windy day to break free and just blow away to a real world of dreams.
© Copyright 2006 nobody (avanti at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138975-Caught-in-the-shadow