*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139129-Proloque
Rated: E · Chapter · Teen · #1139129
Proloque to my Book: Silence
A Rose with Thorns

Beauty is intoxicating. That very fact alone makes evil so dangerous. Evil has a side of beauty, and a side of pure and utter darkness. Many do not notice the darkness, but are drawn to the beauty. A rose. A rose is nature’s evil. It has a side of beauty, and a side of darkness. A person would pick a rose up, being attracted to the bloom, and not noticing the thorns, so plainly in view. The thorns would puncture his skin, long before he notices they are there. After time passes, the thorns would go even deeper into his flesh, and the bloom will slowly start to wilt. Its beauty will start to fade. That man, drawn so strongly to the rose’s beauty would be unnoticing of the danger in his very hand, until that last moment, when the final petal falls.

Not to long ago, in a world separate from ours, a young man was drawn to the beauty of evil. He murdered without guilt, committed arson without a care, and eventually brought about his own demise, all because of the beauty that he saw in it all. The young man did not notice his own pain; for a long time he was unaware. All until that fateful moment, when the last petal of beauty fell. But by that time, the thorns were in too deep. It was much too late.
© Copyright 2006 Alassena Arahsil (lishi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139129-Proloque