*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139277-Katrina
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest · #1139277
For Daily Flash Fic. Write a story requiring a wolf and set in the city.
Katrina was having a hard time getting out of the city. She had about half an hour before sunset. All hell would break loose if she didn’t get out of the city. Tonight is the full moon. There’s a farm outside of town that she uses during the full moon. This would be the first time in years that she didn’t.

“Come on!” Katrina honks her horn. She had been stuck in traffic for the last thirty minutes.

“This is so not good!” She kept looking at her watch. She grabs her phone and punches a number.

“Katrina? Where are you? Sunset is in, what, half an hour?” An urgent voice asks through the phone.

“I’m stuck in traffic. I can’t get out of here. I can ditch my car, but I still won’t make it in time. You know what happened last time.” She was growing very afraid.

“Ditch the car and get to my house! You can hole up in my basement. It’s reinforced and will hold you. Just hurry up!”

“Thanks!” She told him where her car was and took off running. She has twenty minutes to get through 30 blocks. She didn’t think she could make it. She was going to have to push it.

Katrina had just gotten to the last block when she could feel the change beginning. “No!” She cry’s out. Trying to push herself to make it to the house. But it was too late. She could feel her ribs shifting and then she looks down at her hands. They were turning into paws. She cry’s out in frustration, but the only sound coming from her is a howl.

Her last human thought was “please don’t kill anyone this time!” She then lopes off into the darkness to have some fun.
© Copyright 2006 starr4all (starr4all at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139277-Katrina