*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139497-Trapped
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Melodrama · #1139497
Life or Death
The door slammed behind her.

The room was pitch black and empty. A light just barely hanging from the ceiling flickered on and off. No wall hangings or furniture occupied space. The only presence that was felt was her own.

She felt trapped. She felt isolated. More importantly, she felt minor and abandoned.

She was befuddled as to how she ended up in that state of mind. However, that was not nearly as important as how to get out.

She felt around the darkness as she sat to collect her thoughts and mastermind her next move. Suddenly, the light flickered brighter and two doors appeared; Door 1 and Door 2.

They both looked the same; dark and empty. The only visible difference was Door 1 echoed and Door 2 had a platform.

With both hands holding the threshold and one foot in, lights come on inside Door 2. Door 2 was the right door. Disbelief flushed throughout her face while she stood watching the commotion below. People shuffled about doing what looked like fixing machinery or something.

She stepped back. The lights turned off. She pondered the situation a minute. Full of fear and eyes closed, she leaped onto the platform.

The door slammed behind her.
© Copyright 2006 HMDavis (hmdavis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139497-Trapped