*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141619-SHE-NEVER-REALLY
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1141619
A boy who loved. What he didn't realize is that she didn't have to love him back.
She never really took the time to understand me. Never really took the time to ask me how I felt. She was always focused on just her feelings. I’m not saying it was to the point where she was self-centered, and didn’t care about anyone else. I’m just saying she never really seemed like she cared. She jumped to conclusions, without ever really consulting me. She said things that made me think twice, then say to myself ‘that’s not right.’ I never really told her what was on my mind, and whenever I worked up the courage to speak my mind, she never really listened.

But I loved her with all of my heart. No matter what she did to me, or didn’t do, she remained the only girl I would love. Could love. So when she broke up with me I was devastated. My friends told me I should just let her go. Let her do what she wanted do, and move on. It wasn’t like she was the only girl I could get. All of the other girls in the school wanted us to break up. But I was too much in love. There was really no reason why I should love her. She never really took the time to understand me...remember? It was obvious she didn’t love me. That my love was unrequited. So when I saw her walking down the street, MY street, hand in hand with one of my best friends, I went ballistic. Rage exploded in my heart. Not only the fact that this was supposed to be my friend hurt me, but the fact that she looked happier with him then she ever did with me.

So I left my porch and went inside to calm down. And I did, calm down that is. But it took me a while. Only when I was standing over their lifeless bodies did I calm down. My fathers gun in hand. This is how I winded up here. Telling you my story. Now it’s your turn.

How’d YOU wind up in jail?
© Copyright 2006 MiSsTrUeStOrY8 (misstruestory8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141619-SHE-NEVER-REALLY