*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141746-Catch-the-Eye-of-an-Angel
by Angel
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1141746
Full summary inside because it won't fit in here
Meet Catherine, a spunky, outgoing, loving, normal person, who just so happens not to be so normal after all. Someone from her mysterious past comes, but the problem, she deosn't know her past! Who is the man? What's going on? And why does he say the've met long beofre she was even born?






Catch the Eye of an Angel

A lone figure stood out on the dreary cliff as the stars in the black velvet of the sky glittered over a calm sea. Her hair whipped into her face, caused by the wind that was howling around the rocks below. A slender hand hastily brushed aside the brown locks, as green eyes narrowed at the glowing dawn that was peeking its head out from the now red water.

Sighing longingly, as she realized no one was around to hear it, the young woman walked rapidly down the trodden path. Reaching into the white cotton jacket, she brought forth a black cell phone. While still walking, she dialed a number that soon began to ring at the receiving end of the call. A gruff voice answered the call with a short hello; she winced slightly, knowing that the owner of the voice would not be happy with her.

“Hello sir,” she said with an icy voice, “It didn’t show up. He must have chickened out. What do we do?” she asked concern glazing over her green eyes for a moment before being replaced with a mask.

“You go after him, Catherine. That’s what I pay you for,” the man on the other side of the phone answered.

“But sir, what will I do with him?” Catherine questioned, not wanting to know the answer.

“Kill him. He disobeyed an order; and besides, he was getting annoying.”

“And the package, sir?”

“Take it directly to him.”

“Yes, sir. Just one more question sir.”

“What is it?” the man sighed.

“Where is he?” Kat asked hesitantly.

“By the docks, and Catherine?”

“Yes sir?”

“Don’t let this one get away.”

“Of course sir,” Catherine answered, just before the line went dead. Placing the cell back into her pocket, Cat began walking again, and hugged the white jacket tighter to her, wanting a better shirt. ‘Not the best choice,’ Catherine thought, looking down at the tight black t-shirt and the hip-huggers. Mumbling under her breath about annoying drivers and after parking the red corvette, Catherine was at the foggy docks. Narrowing her green eyes, she searched for something, anything that would give away the presence of the missing person she was after. As Catherine passed by the set of stacked boxes from the fisher’s boat, something in the shadows moved.

© Copyright 2006 Angel (angelwings345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141746-Catch-the-Eye-of-an-Angel