*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142903-The-Roding-Players
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Music · #1142903
Researched article about a local orchestral group.
The Roding Players Play On

“If music be the food of love…” then everyone should get involved with the Roding Players Orchestra!

Established almost thirteen years ago, the Roding Players is an orchestral group serving the musical community in Loughton and the surrounding areas.

Led by Miles Harwood, their jocular but sometimes brutally honest conductor (“still horribly out of tune, violins!”), the group are currently rehearsing a selection of light orchestral pieces and Christmas carols, in preparation for a concert at Debden Park High School on December 10th.

However, it’s not all about concerts. The Roding Players also hold community workshops and Ensemble training days during the year where individual orchestra sections demonstrate their talent. Some of their wind players will be performing at the December Loughton Farmer’s Market.

And the group certainly are talented! Even to the untrained ear, the harmonies sound beautifully balanced and the crescendos demand attention. Although mistakes are made throughout rehearsal, this disciplined group listen to the instruction of their conductor and quickly right their wrongs to produce a spectacular sound.

Although already about 40 strong, the Roding Players are actively seeking new members. In particular, the group would love to hear from players of string and brass instruments. There is no audition policy but it is necessary to be able to sight read music and play to a good standard.

Anyone interested should feel free to attend a rehearsal, held on Monday evenings from 7.30 to 9.30 in the canteen of Roding Valley High School.
© Copyright 2006 Close Words (closewords at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142903-The-Roding-Players