*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142919-A-Writers-Resume
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1142919
Have a look at my writing resume, see what I can do!
A Writer’s Résumé

Greetings Reader and, possibly, Potential Employer! My name is Victoria Close and this collection of words serves as my Résumé.

I was born in 1977, in the Irish capital of Dublin. Before you ask, I must point out that I have always been a City Girl and, as such, I have little knowledge or opinion concerning any flora, fauna, hills or other green items existing in this country. I have been reliably informed however, mainly by foreign tourists, that it is astoundingly beautiful.

I have been enthralled and intrigued by Writing, Reading and Language from a young age, winning my first Poetry Writing Contest at the tender age of six. I received a Wind in the Willows book and a Christmas cracker shaped box of candy for that literary masterpiece. Such a sweet memory!

I continued to enter – and win – competitions while in school. I even had an article on my experience of childhood diabetes published in a national magazine. Unfortunately, I did not realise at this stage that I could continue this as a career and so when the photocopies of this spectacular piece were all distributed, I didn’t get any more. Oh well.

I continued to study English, at Honours or Higher Level, in senior school for six years. My courses consisted of Language (including writing form, sentence construction, grammar etc.) and also Literature (including Shakespeare, poetry, modern and classic novels and stories). Unlike most students, who favour one or the other, I found I had a penchant for both English and Mathematics.

As a result of this diversity, upon leaving school, I found myself working in a variety of roles including Administration (where I managed to work my way from Junior Receptionist to Office Manager); Customer Care; Communications and Hospitality.

I continued to write, as a hobby, concentrating mainly on personal diary entries and poetry. Such work allowed me to practice forms including expression, metaphors and similes and avoidance of repetition.

Eventually, I attempted to broaden my literary horizons and joined an on-line freelance agency. I was hired for a number of positions including the commission to write short stories and articles for web publications.

Additionally, I am a regular contributor to a local print newspaper.

Currently, I am forming a small business called CloseWords. As the name would suggest, it is primarily concerned with my writing. I produce hand crafted greeting cards containing my own verses, from snappy, humorous one-liners to standard poetry to thought-provoking, non rhyming sentiments. I also create small gifts such as bookmarks, keepsakes and gift booklets. Of course, I offer my services as a freelance writer as well.

I will readily admit to my lack of professional positions, paid or otherwise, relating to writing. One thing I do not lack, however, is experience. I have been putting pen to paper for over twenty years. I have not received much money but I have gained recognition, prizes and a large number of positive reviews.

I can write about anything, whether from experience or research, which I am not afraid to carry out. I love to write and so it is something I do with passion, devotion and enthusiasm.

I invite you to review my work and as such see the wide range of skills I have to offer those who want them.

Thank you.
© Copyright 2006 Close Words (closewords at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142919-A-Writers-Resume