*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143025-Portal-Prolugue
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1143025
This is an old story of mine I have decided to recreate.
A cliché everybody has heard in their lifetime is the one pronouncing that before you meet Death your life flashes before your eyes, as if your body knows the eternal plan set before you. Before one’s death many may actually begin to reflect upon their life to answer one question so they may die without bemoan. The question is the same for everybody, Was my life worthless, a mere distraction to others, only holding them back? Or was mine for the better, one that the others would envy? Those same questions were asked by many before death and all lead to a simple answer; yes or no. Yes, my life was worthless. Meaning that person died regretting everything they had ever done, for they were a mistake that only brought heartache and difficulties everywhere they went. The answer is harsh but true for many. Then there was the other answer. This answer is actually the most common answer issued from the brain so it can trick itself into a peaceful demise. But very few times this answer is used the way it was meant.
This same question with it’s same answers floated about in a young boy’s mind that was on the verge of death, a boy by the name of Dimitri. He was just becoming conscious of the world and would begin debating among himself of whether he led a true life, one of honor, or the other type. How he hoped not the other. . .
© Copyright 2006 JRQuick628 (jrquick628 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143025-Portal-Prolugue