*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143128-Life-Is-Like-A-MirrorSmile-At-It
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1143128
This is a short article about getting through life for pre-teens.
‘Some people say it’s the good girls who write diaries. The bad girls don’t have time. Me? I just want to live a life I’m gonna remember…even if I don’t write it down.’

Between the ages of 9 and 13 people tend to change a lot. It’s our pre-teen years and we come across a lot of surprises and changes. Some of these changes put huge smiles on our faces. Smiles that last for days. Maybe even weeks. Other changes bring tears to our eyes. And as those tears roll down your cheeks you wonder what you’re living for.
During the past few weeks I’ve seen many of my friends go through a lot of difficult times. It hurt me to see the way they were acting. The way they were changing. I felt like they weren’t my friends anymore. However, by acting that way I wasn’t helping any one in any way. Not them. And definitely not myself.
But what is the point of sitting around and crying because you have a “broken heart”?? Hearts heal and you will move on. What is the point of being sad because your boyfriend said something that upset you? If he doesn’t respect you then he isn’t worth any of your time! You’re probably better off without him anyway. And what is the point of cutting out the rest of your world because you are not accepted by the “popular” kids in school? Think about it. Do you REALLY want to be their “friend” ??
At the age of 13 we all have our whole lives ahead of us. At least I do. For every other pre-teen our there…it’s up to them to decide what kind of life they wanna live. All I can say is…sitting in your room and crying the whole day won’t fix ANYTHING. All you’re doing is wasting your life…and your tears! Whether you’re black, white, rich, poor, popular or un-cool…there are people out there who care about you. Always remember…you are never alone.
© Copyright 2006 priyankamogul (priyankamogul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143128-Life-Is-Like-A-MirrorSmile-At-It