*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144748-Be-Careful-What-You-Say
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1144748
Be careful, what you say just might happen.
Be Careful What You Say!

Be careful, what you say
Just might come true.
I'll tell you what I mean
With the story of Bobbi Sue.

Bobbi Sue sat squirming at her desk waiting for the bell to ring. She wanted to get home to ride her new bike. Why were the hands of that clock moving so slowly?

"Bobbi Sue! Stop wiggling so much. You're just like a jumpy squirrel." Her teacher was tapping her foot. What was that? She felt something swishing behind her. She looked and saw a squirrels tail flipping back and forth. Oh, my! The squirrel tail was fastened to where she sat down. She looked at the other kids but no one seemed to notice. The bell rang, but Bobbi Sue stayed in her seat untill all the other students had left the room. When she stood up, the squirrel tail came with her.

On the way home the only one who payed any attention to her was Old Mrs. Spencer's cat, Daisy. Bobbi Sue didn't like the way Daisy was looking at her so she ran as fast as she could. "Look at that girl run! She's going as fast as a jack rabbit." The crossing guard shook his head in amazement.

When Bobbi Sue got home she went straight to her room and shut the door. She didn't feel like riding her bike any more. She reached her hand up to scratch her head and felt something long, soft and furry up there. "It couldn't be rabbit ears!" she thought. But sure enough, it was. Long ones that were pink inside and tan outside. Now she had a squirrel tail and rabbit ears! What next?

She decided to clean her room. It was looking pretty messy. Grandma and Grandpa were having dinner with the family and Grandma came to find Bobbi Sue. She poked her head around the door. "My, what a busy bee you are! Your mom says to come to dinner."

All of sudden she felt something moving on her back. She went to the mirror to take a look. Wings! Along with the squirrel tail and rabbit ears she had bee wings in the middle of her back. Wings that were going so fast they made a buzzing noise. She really didn't want to go to eat dinner, but Mom was calling her.

Bobbi Sue was starving when she got to her place at the dinner table. She ate meat loaf, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and then, apple crisp for dessert. Grandpa grinned at her. "You must be as hungry as a bear!"

Okay, surely someone would notice how strange she looked now! After all not everyone had bear fur covering their face. Bobbi Sue told Mom she was tired and excused herself from the table. She kissed Grandma and Grandpa goodbye and went to her room.

She looked in the mirror one more time before she crawled into bed. Tears ran down her fuzzy face. Would she ever be normal again? Bobbi Sue didn't notice when Mom came in, kissed her fuzzy face and pulled the blanket up under her chin.

Bobbi Sue woke the next morning. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Wait a minute. She didn't feel any bear fur on her face! She reached up to her head. No ears! She ran to the dresser to look in the mirror. No wings! No tail! She was normal or at least as normal as anyone her age could be.

When she got to school Bobbi Sue sat up straight at her desk. She decided maybe at least for today, she wouldn't squirm in her seat.

Be careful,what you say
Just might come true.
I hope you understand now
Because of Bobbi Sue.


© Copyright 2006 Daizy May (daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144748-Be-Careful-What-You-Say