*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145469-THE-ANNIVERSARY
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ALLI
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1145469
A STORY OF MARRIAGE
Anna looked at the calendar and smiled and for a moment remembered the moment when she first met Jeffrey. She was in school standing in the hallway when he came up to her because he thought she was beautiful and asked her to walk with him to get some coffee. “You better say please”. She had said to him while everyone watched and after Jeffrey said please everyone laughed at him and she walked with him to the coffee shop. She smiled at the memory and felt happy that it was their six year anniversary. When Jeffrey left for work at six in the morning she took a trip to the beauty salon and got her hair and nails done and after returning home she began preparing a surprise for him. She spent the rest of the day cleaning the entire apartment and cooking a special dinner. Living on the 68th floor in Manhattan took her away from the noises and police sirens below and what she loved more than the view of New York City was the cool and gentle breeze she felt coming in from the open balcony door. She set the table with candles and long stem roses along with the dishes she had prepared. A bottle of wine sat in fridge and everything seemed to be in place. Anna looked around at decided she was satisfied. She looked at the clock and saw that it was seven. Jeffrey would be home in thirty minutes. She took a quick shower and walked to the bedroom and slipped into a special dress. It was her wedding dress and she hoped that when Jeffrey saw her in it he would be just as excited as she was. When she was done she glanced at the clock one more time and saw that she had ten minutes left. She picked up the phone and called Jeffrey. “Hello”. Jeffrey answered. “Hey sweetie, how you doing?” She asked. “I’m doing ok, I miss you. “I miss you too. Are you on your way home? “Yes I am, I can’t wait to see you.” Jeffrey said. “Me too but I need you to do me a favor. I have a surprise for you so when you pull up in front of the building, call me because I don’t want you walking in here and ruining it ok.” Jeffrey laughed and said ok. Anna hung up the phone and checked around one more time to make sure everything looked perfect. She lit the candles and checked her hair in the mirror. She looked beautiful. She couldn’t believe that she had been married to him for so long and thinking about all the memories they shared together almost made her cry. She walked over to the fireplace and picked up the wedding picture and stared at it. She smiled and kissed the picture and when she put it back down the phone rang. “Hello”. “Hey honey, I’m downstairs in the parking lot.” Anna walked out to the balcony and looked down. “Look up here honey, see if you can notice me waiving at you”. Jeffrey looked up and 68 floors up he can see her hand waiving. “Your hand looks so small; do you see me down here?” “No I don’t.” “So what’s the big surprise?” “Before you come up tell me you love me”. “I love you”. Jeffrey said. “Now tell me how your day was at work then you can come up”. Jeffrey wasn’t even at the end of his sentence when Anna landed right in front of him on the concrete face down. In no time blood began to circle his shoes. Jeffrey dropped his cell phone and stared at her in shock. He was confused and didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to believe that it was her, that he was just talking to her and she landed right in front of him. He bent down to pick up his cell phone to call 911 but when he looked at it; he saw that it was in pieces.


TO BE CONTINUED……..

© Copyright 2006 ALLI (safraazalli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145469-THE-ANNIVERSARY