*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145695-Families-Torn
by Manda
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1145695
The story of 4 kids lives changed forever by the actions of one man.
I posted this chapter a while ago, but I revised and changed it a bit. I think it's better and I hope you like it.


Ch. 1

All that could be seen was a whirlwind of different greens. The canopy above spun in circles, it seemed as if it would never stop until eyes were closed and four kids laid on the ground. The world was still spinning to these four even though they lay motionless. Eventually they came to a halt, Josh being thirteen was the oldest of the group he was the first to stand up. He tagged Tracie and ran shouting, “your it” as he got away.

Tracie was finally able to stand up, she looked around still laying on the ground was her twin brother Cameron and his best friend Holly. Tracie and Cameron were both twelve and Holly was eleven.

“Now your it.“ Tracie yelled as she tagged Cameron on the shoulder and ran after Josh. These games continued for hours until the foursome grew tired and went home.

As the four kids walked up to Tracie and Cameron’s house they noticed the door was ajar. Their parents never left the door open so they approached with caution. Even though it wasn’t Joshes houses he took the lead, after all he was the oldest.

“Cameron come with me, you two girls stay here.” Josh told the others. “But I wanna come with you, it’s my house two you know.” Tracie protested. “No, it could be dangerous, someone could be in the house.” Tracie was frightened, “fine we’ll stay here and wait for you guys to come back out and get us.”

Josh and Cameron walked into the house easing the door open a little farther. “Shhh…” Josh whispered putting his finger to his mouth. The two boys creped inside the house, tip toeing so they made no noise.

Empty beer bottles lay scattered on the floor. The smell of smoke, marijuana smoke filled the house as the boys walked through the house, finally reaching the dining room. A woman, Cam’s mother was on her knees bagging for her life as her husband held a gun to her head.

“Nooo, dad don‘t hurt her!” Josh screamed seeing his mother on her knees with a gun to her head, held by his father.

Suddenly Cameron found a gun pointed in his face, “you were supposed to be gone all afternoon, I told you not to come home until dark.” Cameron’s dad said in a calm voice, but you could tell he was angry.

Cameron’s dad pulled his arm and fired his gun at the girl in the doorway, his eyes widened as he realized who it was.

“TRACIE!” Cameron yelled as he ran to his sister’s side falling to his knees. Everyone else was silent, how could a father shoot his own daughter.

Cameron’s mom stood up and charged her husband, but again the gun went off, another body feel to the floor, nothing but a shell of the person that used to be so full of life.

Jason, Cameron’s father turned the gun on his son. “You want to join them boy?” Jason asked. Cameron just shook his head. “You will turn out just like me someday kid.” Jason put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

Cameron stood there unable to move, he thought his whole family was dead unitl he heard Josh’s voice. “Cam, she’s breathing.” Almost on cue the police rushed in the house. The neighbors had heard the gun shots and called the cops. “It’s ok kids, your safe now.” The officer said as the paramedics came in the house.

Tracie was rushed to the hospital the doctors were able to save her life, but the emotional damage will take much more to cure.

A few hours later Cameron was finally able to see his sister, he walked in her room only to find her asleep. He put his hand over Tracie‘s, “Don’t worry sis, I’ll always protect you.”

Tracie woke up with the soft words and hugged her brother tightly, her tears rested on Cameron’s shoulder. “Why did dad do this?” Tracie questioned. “I’m asking the same question.” Cameron said in a whisper.
© Copyright 2006 Manda (mandy88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145695-Families-Torn