*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146213-Stories
Rated: 18+ · Other · Comedy · #1146213
A few comical stories about things that have happened.
People back in the Good Old Days as we would call the time that happened over 50 years or more had never seen a lot of the food that was being shipped in from foreign countries One such item was bananas. The first man here in Buchanan County to try one of these bananas did not know what to make of it He ended up throwing the banana away and eating the peeling.

One nice warm day my brother (David) & brother-in-law (Willie) decided they were going to take a walk to town. My brother was always friendly and liked to talk, even if it was just to say hello. They took a back road which is called the Old Road before the town had hired a company to build a better road. This road was a direct route to the courthouse and the post office. At one time on this road was also a little store (The Record Shop) that they were walking by. Two women were walking by and David spoke hello. Well, for some reason they stopped David and Willie and would not let them pass. David managed finally to get by the two women and ran off and left Willie there surrounded I don't know how Wilie escaped.

My sister (Bernice) always was kept on the run. I mean literally. Not the usual way of running errands that people do at stores, post offices etc..The kind I mean is being chased by one of the most angry of birds. When it sees the color red it doesn't like it. It might have something to do where they fight other birds with red combs on their heads. If you haven't already guessed the bird I'm talking about it is the rooster.
Many mornings she would come out of the house early in the morning just a strolling along minding her own business. She would hardly get two steps out the door and start hearing a flapping noise and would be looking around desperately trying to find the source of the noise.
She peeked one eye around the corner of the house and was met by a set of angry piercing yellow eyes. She didn't know what to do. She froze in fear as if being an icicle. She finally jumped back from looking around the corner and pressed her back to the wall and gritted her teeth. She kept saying to herself in her mind, "What am I going to do?" "Help me", she exclaimed. "Would someone please, help me?" she thought. She thought, Maybe I can tiptoe away unnoticed and not be heard, but no such luck.
All of a sudden the angry head of the rooster appeared around the corner staring menacingly at it's intended target. Bernice let out a loud scream of fright as if the rooster had already attacked. It flew out from around the corner of the house angry that she was trying to escape from its sharpened beak and razor blade like claws. It was taking a step at a time towards her and was getting ready to pounce at any minute. She saw the evil gleam in it's eye and it opened it's mouth to limber it's jaws up for the attack. She closed her eyes and imagined it being like the shark from the jaws movie.
I believe she would have liked to have the shark instead of the rooster. She didn't get her wish though. Her eyes finally opened from being tightly shut and seen the talons of it's feet aiming at it's target. She turned around to run and you can guess what target it beak and talons sunk into. She was not a happy camper. Ever morning this happened until the rooster was gone. I'm sure she was gloriously happy that she could finally sit in a chair without being sore.

TO BE CONTINUED
© Copyright 2006 wings of an angel (nmmcst0730 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146213-Stories