*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146591-Chapter-one-of-a-novel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Novel · Friendship · #1146591
does what it says on the tin/title
Chapter One: Woah we’re going to Ibiza

This was going to be great he thought as Paul grabbed him in a headlock and shouted “Woah we’re going to Ibiza”. It was the holiday of a lifetime that he seemed to waiting a lifetime for. Ever since him, Paul and Will had booked it back in January time had seemed to drag. Exam revision and work on the site had seemed to last for ever, but it was all over now all exams done and passed. When he came back, he’d be working as a fully qualified electrician no more looking for sky hooks, long stands or tartan paint, it would be some new kid’s turn to the subject of onsite jokes. Paul punched him in the arm
“Hey you okay Jake, you seem a little out of it?” said Paul
“Yeah, I’m fine man just thinking” said Jake
“What about?” Asked Paul
“About how many birds we’re gonna screw and how wasted we are gonna get”
“Hell yes that’s my boy” said Will approvingly
“So how many do you think you’re going to do then” queried Paul
“Probably about five or six” said Will
“What about you Jake?”
“Maybe three or four, what about you Paul ?”
“I dunno, but I’d prefer quality over quantity”
“Bullshit, my arse you’d prefer quality, remember Amanda Cunningham, bozeyed fucker with no tits? You did it with her on the school playing field.” Said Will
“She wasn’t bozeyed, she had a glass eye” protested Paul
“Oh my mistake, remember Amanda Cunningham, glass eyed fucker with no tits? You did it with her on the school playing field. That better” Said Will sarcastically
“That was along time ago” said Paul defensively
They were at the checking desk now
“Ticket please” said the woman behind the desk. Jake handed her his ticket and put his suitcase on the conveyor belt, he had thought about bringing two suitcases but he knew how much the guys would rip him if he did, so he’d managed to get everything he would need for a week in one medium sized suitcase and a holdall. Well technical he hadn’t his mum had. He stood at the side of the checking desk and watched Will and Paul go through the same process he had. As they walked away from the check in desk Will elbowed him in the ribs and said “look at all the Man U shirts round here”
“Well what did you expected we are in Manchester after all, jackass”
“Shut up. I knew I should have worn my Leeds shirt”
They walked into the queue for the metal detector, Jake hated things like this, it was like whenever he went out of a shop he would always panic for a moment that the alarm would go off and the shop security guard would ask him to step back inside the shop and the people walking passed would look at him mutter things under their breath.
It was his turn now. He put his bag on the conveyor belt for the x-ray machine and stepped through the there was no bleeping. He was relieved; he picked his bag up and watched as Paul step through the metal detector, then it was Will’s turn he stepped through the metal detector, there was a bleeping sound and a female security guard approached Will with a hand held metal detector. Will was unfazed by this he just smiled at the security guard and said casually “It must be my fillings”. The security guard smiled back as she ran the metal detector over him, when she discovered it was his belt buckle that had set the alarm off she waved him on. As they walked to the departure lounge Will said “I think that security guard had the hot’s for me”
“Will you think any girl that so much as blinks in your direction wants to jump your bones” said Paul
“Well they general do”
“Whatever” said Paul
Jake had to admit that Will did have a point most women Will met found him attractive and he was never short of female attention, when they were at school he always got at least one valentine card and always ended up dating the girls that other guys could only fantasies about dating while they jerked off. Will was never an arsehole about it though, he wouldn’t boast too much about it, well at least not to Paul and Jake, and he’d always hook them up with the hot girl’s slightly less hot friends.
In the departure they sat down on the blue seats, Will stretched himself out so he took up two seats.
“Who do you think is gonna win the premiership?” said Paul
“Probably Chelsea” replied Jake
“What about you Will?”
“Yeah probably Chelsea, don’t really care as long as the scum don’t win it.” Said Will lazily
After this neither Paul nor Will said anything, Jake wondered if Paul was pissed with Will or vice versa, they had been winding each other up all day. Not that they didn’t get along it’s just that when you’ve known people a long time it’s almost obligatory to get on each others nerves and they had know each other for a long time. Jake and Will had been friends from the first year of primary school and Jake and Will had been friends with Paul since the beginning of high school. Over the years the three of them had become so close that Jake doubted that there was anything they didn’t know about each other, and not just big stuff either like when they lost their virginity or their worst fears but just stupid little stuff such as Will would only eat beans on toast if they toasted had been buttered. This information was of course put to good use in teasing and winding each other up mercilessly, but they all knew where the line was. For example Jake and Will had never mentioned that Paul had bawled like a baby the day his pet hamster Snickers had died. Jake didn’t even think Paul’s parents knew about that.
“Hey guys don’t look now but there are two girls over there checking us out” said Paul
“Where?” said Jake
“Over there at ten o’clock”
“Yeah there probably checking me out” said Will casually
“Yeah probably admiring how big your head is” said Jake
They all laughed, Jake risked a glance in the girl’s direction, one was blonde and the other was a redhead they were both attractive with curves in the right places. The blonde was wearing a green tank top and jeans while the redhead was wearing a knee length beige skirt and a white top. Just then the girl with red hair looked in their direction and caught him looking at her and her friend. Shit thought Jake.
“So which one would you do Jake” asked Paul
“The redhead”
“Jesus what is it with you and redheads, why do you like them so much?” said Paul
“I don’t know never slept with a red head think it might be fun”
“What he means is that he wants to find out if they have ginger pubes or not” said Will
“Yeah something like that” said Jake dismissively
“Would all passengers for the nine thirty flight to Ibiza please make their way to gate four thank you” said a generic voice over the tannnoy.
“That’s us” said Jake
“Well done genius” said Paul
“Shut up” said Jake
As they walked to the gate Jake turned to look back at the girls, they were sitting talking with their carry on luggage at their feet, they weren’t getting on the same flight Jake felt disappointed.
Will seeing where Jake was looking said “Don’t worry about it you can join the mile high club some other time”
“Isn’t that where you have sex with a stewardess?” asked Paul
“No it’s where you have sex in the toilet during the flight” replied Will
“Yeah with an airhostess” said Paul in an agitated tone
“No Jackass, with anyone” said Will bitterly
“Will you two cut it out” said Jake as he handed his boarding pass to the woman in front of the gate.
© Copyright 2006 Sammy Jankis (sammyjankis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146591-Chapter-one-of-a-novel