*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146870-SLEEPY-GILLIAN
Rated: E · Short Story · Satire · #1146870
yawn...zzzz,zzzz,zzzz.

          If there are three things that make Gill sleepy they are, being hot, travelling and reading. So when the stifling train departed from Skegness Station and she reached into her bag for her Josephine Cox novel I knew it was curtains.
When it comes to sleeping Gill is a past master. When we were on holiday in Zante she was bitten by half a dozen tsetse flies, within five minutes all the flies had gone to sleep. I took her to the pictures and she dozed off half way through ‘The Guns of Navarone.’ Then there was the time she nodded off at a Hawkwind concert.
          Yes I know we all need sleep but Gill has taken somnolence into a new dimension. She has taken something most of us accept as an irritating necessity and turned it into an Art Form.
Rip Van Winkle, Sleeping Beauty, Wee Willie Winkle, Gill can snore away with the best of them .………………or could it be perhaps, my boring company.

© Copyright 2006 mafspeed (mafspeed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146870-SLEEPY-GILLIAN