*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147089-The-Mystery-Returns
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1147089
Just popped into my head, so I may change the name and such GOOD THOUGH READ IT!!
As the breeze blows and the thunder rolls, a mysterious figure walks out of the mist of time. Behind him, an army of angels dressed in white fly in formation and in front of him there are children. Many have seen him before, but most of the time he's only a blur, a figment of your imagination. Some believe that he lives in the woods and only comes out at night, while others believe he is a wanderer, wandering into our world only for a few seconds while he helps a few people who have fallen into the hands of death. This time, however, it is clear to see that he is from a different land and he's here for one reason. There's been a few attacks nearby and it's left many innocent people wounded. The Mystery is believed to hold special powers of healing that the elderly talk about everyday of their lives. The stories they tell about the man who touched them and took away their pain, took away their sadness, the stories they tell are stuff of legend. I, for one, have had the privaledge to talk to this mysterious figure and become friends with him. But that was long ago, when I was a little boy, now I'm 90 years old and my life is coming to an end. The Mystery and his followers keep walking down the path though, closer and closer they come until he suddenly stops. He knows I'm around and he knows that my time is coming. He raises his hands into the beautiful morning sky and shoots them towards my direction. A colorful light blasts into my chest at such a speed, you'd think a train was hitting you face on. Then, just like that, my pain, my sadness, my old age, and my life were over. I was floating into the air and the clouds parted as I saw a land of pure beauty, I have read about a land such as this, Dreamer's Paradise. It is beautiful and I smile knowing that I can spend the rest of my life here, happy, and free.....
© Copyright 2006 ~SupermaN~ (supermancanfly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147089-The-Mystery-Returns