*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147122-BrokenStar
by twiggy
Rated: E · Poetry · Philosophy · #1147122
free flowing poem, kinda cool...
Stumbling blindly through thoughtless clouds of perfume, lining the road with the scent of lily blossom.
I never knew what lilies smelt of before, but now I find their scent invades my nostrils, to blind me in mind.
I open my eyes, and find you standing tall in front of me, with cheeks streaked silver-teared.
Despite some desperate trouble that dampens your face as your spirit, you hold yourself upright: uplifted, and my eyes cannot stop following you.
Without a word I walk towards you, and seeing me, you do the same, until we both are locked into a prison of embrace, standing amidst the screaming traffic like some betrothed nightmare of passion long forgotten.
Then walking - it seemed forever – until we can no longer bear to breathe, you lead me to a deep ravine, where the endless darkness starves for some bodies to devour.
And hand in hand we leap into its belly, never wondering why.
A bird sings softly in the nightfall, as we plummet to our graves, and with each note my love for you intensifies, approaching an uncontrollable monster that threatens to engulf us in our selfish bliss.
But as ever, the song ends, and soon we are old, so we spend our days practicing sleeping evermore and bedding our graves to last an eternity.
I now surrender my illusion of life and lie still before a tomb, with the same silver I saw on that night we met, this time forming pools in my eyes, and seeping out the last trace of my emotion before I too become cold and still.
Such is death as walks hand in hand with sorrow, as I once walked hand in hand with you, but beyond the darkness, below the bottomless chasm of age dawns new life, and so night after night births to light.
© Copyright 2006 twiggy (twiggy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147122-BrokenStar