*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147214-Stories-of-you-and-me
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1147214
This is something I recently wrote concerning someone who it appears will remain a dream.
And now someone new will know your face.
They will take your hand and hear your laugh, but remember what it was like to feel me.
The things I speak of crawl beneath my flesh, sweet one lie to yourself, for it is my kiss that breaks you only.

I threw my cards on the table, one by one, and this is what I have.
A deck of unseen tricks, king and queen flirting, while the joker whispers in my ear; you know it is I that restored your youth.

But take his body in substitution.
Tell him how his body was made to contour to your own while you struggle to accommodate what is no longer in your grasp.
His infatuation unconvincing, I watch in shadow as he tries to erase the possibility that there is another.

Untamed you are my black hearted beauty, but without me you are simply the night sky.
I am the moon that bathes your lands in silver and reveals the hidden truths.
I am the stars that map out your destiny.
I am the reflection on the stillest of waters that reminds you why you breathe.

Your words falter, the passion behind them strong enough to withstand the thoughts of me, but not the skin in your hands.
He lies sleeping while you and I dance in our secret graveyard.
Those we try to hold become dirt, lifeless here.
None will we ever love like this.
© Copyright 2006 Nomad06 (writernxdoor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147214-Stories-of-you-and-me