*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147253-Back-to-Hogwarts-Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1147253
This is a Harry Potter FANFIC. My first!
The familiar scarlet train released a stream of smoke as students hurried about, kissing their mums and dad’s goodbye and headed off to find their friends. A chorus of frogs croaked, one of them distinctively louder than the others. Must be Trevor.
A mother’s shrieking could be heard throughout Platform 9 ¾ as Ronald Weasley dismissed his mother’s cries. “Ronald Weasley, how dare you leave without saying goodbye?” Ron, who had by now turned a shocking shade of pink, had suddenly become interested in the floor. “RONALD”. Mortified, he pecked his mother on the cheek, and with Harry and Hermoine in tow, he sprinted to the train, his face still a bit pink.
“Ron! Oh, Ron! Slow down! The train hasn’t left yet” Hermoine yelled as she struggled to keep up with her friend. Her curly brown waves stood on end, like deer antlers, as she followed. “Come on then, my mum is probably still watching”. Harry Potter resisted the urge to laugh at his best friends and headed into an empty compartment. Once they had all settled in, Hermoine slid a rolled-up copy of the Daily Prophet from under her robes. “Every time I look at this, I think of that horrible woman. Rita- Skeeter, Harry finished, grimacing. The three of them took a moment to remember the events that took place in their fourth year.

“It says in here that there’s been another disappearance. This time, it’s a woman. Robin Simpkin. She was important to the Ministry, I assume”

“Yeah, Dad told me she worked in his old department. Wonder why You-Know- I mean, V-Voldemort would want someone who worked with Muggles..

“Ron, he could have been using her to get to the Muggles, you know. Even I know that”

“You know everything.”

“No I don’t.”

“Right”. Ron reached into his pocket, jangling his few coins. “When’s the trolley coming? I’m getting a bit hungry…”

“Be patient, Ron! I expect it’ll—“Trolly! Anything from the trolly?” Ron jumped up, his two galleons ricocheted off his pants, hitting Crookshanks square in the eye. Scowling, he reached forward, and grabbed his money. The woman pushing the trolley looked down expectantly at him. “Anything from the trolly, dear?”

“Hm…Chocolate Frogs…just one” “Oi, Ron, and some Bertie’s Botts” added Harry. He flipped a coin in Ron’s direction. “Right. Those too.”

For a few moments the Trio ate in silence. Ron stacked the cards he collected in a pile. His eyes strayed towards Harry’s empty candy package. “Honestly Ron, are you really still collecting those cards?” “Yes, yes I am! I’ve almost got 200 of them. Just need a few more..” He stopped and noticed a card that he had forgotten. Hermoine’s hand was resting on top of it.
Ron looked back and forth between Hermoine’s hand, and the card beneath it. Finally, he reached over and snatched the card. His arm briefly brushed against Hermoine’s, sending an electric jolt throughout his body. He looked up, and caught Hermoine’s eyes….
[Note: next chapter will be in Harry’s POV! Bear with me, this is my first fanfic ever!. Constructive criticism is much appreciated!]
© Copyright 2006 A Beautiful Symphony (prettysymphony at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147253-Back-to-Hogwarts-Part-1