*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147309-MSA
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by edward
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1147309
Michael and Wade meet a rebel who might just be able to save their town.
Chapter One

Dark clouds filled the sky above. Looking outside Michael yawned. Soon and when the rain fell those caught under it ran like ants to shelter. As he started to step out the window seal a knock came at his door. He narrowed his eyes and walked over. Outside was wade with a broad smile with a suitcase in his hands. He like a child who was getting ready to go on a rollercoaster, sweat was all over him. Which clearly meant he had been running. Opening the door he looked at wade with a smirk “so I take it the trade went well?” he said smirking at him. Wade made a sarcastic laugh and walked in. he looked at the house with disgust. Even though he had been here a lot it the condition always made him sick The bedroom wall had a hole in it letting you see right into it. The kitchen…well there wasn’t one. The only thing in the living room was a couch and table. Still he walked in.
Passing he could feel the sweat on wades shoulder. Wiping the beads of sweat from his face wade placed the suitcase on the table and sat down. Michael walked over and sat next to him. “check out what I scored” wade said opening the case. Inside was a smoking white case and next to it were four small knives with black edges. With raised interest, Michael leaned towards the case and asked “what did you get this time?” Clapping his hands together wade’ broad smile got even bigger. “well” he started “there are 7 dry ice bullets in that container which is why its smoking”. Carefully bringing out the container he sat it on the table. “those knives next to it are edged with a large amount of lead” wade picked one up by the small handle and twirled it around his hand. Michael reached over to the container and picked it up. Suddenly he dropped it and put his fingers in his mouth. “crap” he said getting up off the couch and jumping around like a mad man. Suddenly something hit him. He took his fingers out his mouth. “where did you get this stuff?” he questioned with a look of almost worry.
Instantly, the happy smile that wade had sank into a frown and he put the knife back in the case.
After a few moments of silence wade answered him. “well I went out and talked to the Edward brothers”. Michael’s jaw almost dropped to the floor and he took his fingers out his mouth. “you mean the same brothers who tricked and tried to kill us last time?” wade nodded and turned away. Now we have the brothers to worry about he thought looking at wade. After his fingers felt better he sat down again. Wade looked at him with a smirk “don’t you know what happens when you touch dry ice?” Michael grew a frown and kicked him in the leg again. “don’t you know what happens when you talk to the Edward brothers” wade kicked him back but harder. Leaning back Michael remembered the last run in with the brothers and the scar from it.

Moonlight shown through the building windows of the abandoned school gym. Wade stood in the middle of the gym looking around. Careful not to look at the bleachers too long. With a loud thud the main doors opened and three tall men walked in. each had on a gentles mans suit with tie. And all had slicked back hair. They looked like they worked for the godfather. Or at least wannabes. The one in the middle had a long metal case. It looked like it weighed a ton. Swallowing he reached in his coat and brought out the large amount of cash.
“It would appear we each have what we want” the middle on said in a deep voice. “show me the rod” wade told them. All three of them developed smiles and the one in the middle opened the case showing a thick silver pipe. Wade looked at them then at the cash. Hesitantly he walked over to them and handed it to them. When in hand they gave him the case. Oddly it didn’t weigh as much as it looked like it did. The three were half way to the door when wade opened the case and touched it. He felt it and noticed the rough spots. Small white marks in some places as well. Suddenly he realized it was plastic. “stop!” he yelled at them. Quickly they ran to the door. Only three feet away from the door and a loud shot was heard followed by a spark on the door handle cracking it. They turned and looked up at the bleachers. Michael leaped out of the top row and to the floor. He had his gun out on them with it cocked ready to fire again. Wade his two knives out towards them ready to throw.
All three of them burst out into laughter as they looked at them both. “two kids want to try and take us on” said the fat one on the end. His gut brought meaning to that the old Santa saying. “yea they must be stupid” added the smaller child looking one. Not wasting time the short one ran towards Michael. He pulled the trigger in a moment of panic and missed hitting the wall. The other two blitzed at wade. Throwing the knives the fat one fell with a knife in his thigh. But the second one dodged and punched him to the ground. Trying to scramble to his feet wade was taken by the ankle and pulled closer to the guy. Then in a single movement he pushed his foot into wades chest. After a few second he managed to push the foot away and cut his leg with another knife from his sleeve.
Michael fell into the bleachers and wiped the blood from his bottom lip before moving to the side avoiding a kick. He twisted the revolver around again and aimed it right at his head breathing heavily. What Michael lacked in fighting he made up for in being a good shot. “Get away from wade!” he yelled over the middleman. He looked at Michael and stepped away. “Now give us the money back and leave” he said angrily. Everyone was silent and looking at each other. Tension arose higher and higher. Suddenly from the side the fat brother ran up Michael turned away and pulled the trigger hitting him in the shoulder.
Wade twisted a knife around to the wrist side and got to his feet slashing at the one in front of him. the blade cut a shallow wound into the chest of the man and he fell holding it. Looking over he saw Michael being beaten on the floor. Kicked and stomped on like a rag doll. Thinking quickly he knelt down and put the knife to his throat yelling “Leave him alone now!” Everyone stopped moving. Unlike before wade put the blades edge into his skin drawing some blood.

In the end Michael had a bruised everything while wade walked away with a bruised chest.
Standing up off the couch wade yawned “we should get going if we hope to get those new parts installed” “yea, lets go” Michael replied following him out the door and outside.
The rain had calmed down a little as they walked through the city streets. Still they stayed under as much cover as possible. “how is Victoria doing?’ wade asked. “oh I haven’t seen her in a while so I don’t know” he told him with a look of sadness on his face.
“why don’t you go and see her?”
“I don’t feel like it”
“ok well when you do tell her I said hi”
Michael looked ahead with a frown again like he had seen someone get really hurt. Noticing this quickly wade knocked him in the shoulder with a smile. Maybe your scared to confront her he thought to himself. Careful not to say it aloud. It was a subject they didn’t tread around when it came to Michael and Victoria. Turning at the right corner they looking ahead in shock to see the bus on a lift. Running over they asked the nearest person what happened. “well the tire just blew out on the way down the street” said an old man. “looks like were walking to the hanger” Michael moaned. Wade followed up with a groan.

After an hour they finally made it to the hanger. Because it was in the ruins of town no one ever walked out to it. This made it the prime spot for there secret. Michael looked around keeping guard as wade opened the lock to the large doors. Quickly he pulled the door as far open as needed for them both. Then closed it.
Inside they both had a smile. Infront of them were their master works. Two large M.A.S. units (mechanical armor suit). One hung from the chains on the ceiling while another was on the floor laying down. After a moment of staring they looked at each other and smiled. Putting on a pair of goggles wade fired up the blow torch and pressed the button on the side of a lift. The chains rattled and wires tightened. The lift moved him to the robot hanging from the chains and he started to torch it. Michael walked over to the one on the floor and looked at its open arm. The inside was complex with wires and pipes. Pulling a pair of thick gloves over his hands he took a drill and sheets of metal from the floor. Above him wade was humming a soft tune as he welded the panels of thick metal to one another. The red hot metal was almost a nasty burnt smell. Below Michael drilled in the new sheets of metal. The gap into the arm was wide and he had only covered a small amount thus far.
Coming down from the lift wade looked up at it to get a good view. The red metal was like a fresh hicky on the robots leg. Looking at Michael he cocked his head sideways to get a good view then laughed. He was inside the arm and looked to be tangled in wires.
“what the heck are you doing?” he asked him still laughing. Michael moved around squeezing his head out “help me please” he said with a sigh. Wade took off the goggles and jogged over to him. after a struggle of wires and a pipe he managed to get him out.
looking at each other it couldn’t be helped but to laugh at the situation.

Darkness started to set in and knowing when to leave they turned everything off and left.
Closing the large doors they walked home. The bums had all gone home (cardboard boxes and bridges). Michael stuck his hands in his pockets and sighed. Walking away from the building he noticed an odd looking man leaning against a pole. He had never been there before and he wore sunglasses. Wade looked at the town from where they were and stopped. “its odd we are all on the brink of destruction but he still live like its not there” he said. Michael looked at him and raised a brow. “where did that come from or have you just been waiting to say that?” Michael laughed. “why cant I just have an idea like that” “because you don’t”
“just because I have poetic talent don’t mock”.
“it wasn’t even a poem”.
© Copyright 2006 edward (malanchie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147309-MSA