*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147321-Where-is-the-missing-baby
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Khush
Rated: · Article · Other · #1147321
Only one child delivered after ultrsound showed twins!
Two charitable hospitals, one belonging to Khalistan ideologue Jagjit Singh Chohan in Hoshiarpur district in Indian Punjab and the other to philanthropist Sant Baba Rangi Ram are locked in the middle of an unsavoury controversy, over the number of children born to Sarabjit Kaur, a dalit (lower caste) woman. Sarabjit Kaur’s family is casting allegations at Sant Baba Ram Rangi Hospital authorities to have handed them only one girl child after a caesarean delivery on July 26, even though ultra-sound reports from Chohan Charitable hospital repeatedly maintained that Sarabjit was expecting twins. “Where is the other child”, questioned, Sukhraj Singh husband of Sarabjit Kaur. A daily wage labourer Sukhraj is scared and financially very weak to approach the authorities for justice.

“Either the ultra-sounds were not done correctly at the Chohan hospital or the Rangi Ram Charitable hospital is hiding something from us”, claimed Chanan Singh father-in-law of Sarabjit Kaur. “When we asked the doctors at Rangi Ram hospital that we were expecting twins, they said that only one child was born. The reality should come out added Chanan Singh as he showed this journalist the two scan reports.

The ultra-sound conducted on 29th April 2006 clearly carries the remarks of doctor Harmander Singh whereby he has stated “live pregnancy of twins seen in Gravid uterus by ultra-sound parameters.” The doctor has also given the Bi Parietal diameters (Skull) and Femur length of the twins and had declared both of them to be normal at that point of time.

In the second test conducted on 26the June, eighth month of the pregnancy the same doctor has given similar findings and declared both children as normal with a cardio-activity 128/min and 120/min.
“Our reports are absolutely correct claimed Dr. Jagjit Singh Chauhan. “First report can go wrong but not the second, he claimed.
“Questions should be asked from the Rangi Ram Hospital authorities that where is the second child, he said.

Satnam Singh Vice-president of the Rangi Ram Charitable hospital rubbished allegations by the family and Jagjit Chauhan. He claimed that only one child was born that was handed over to Sarabjit Kaur. Satnam Singh said that Sarabjit came to the hospital under emergency conditions and was operated upon immediately. He claimed that Rangi Ram trust had been doing charitable work for so many years and levelling such allegations was wrong. Satnam Singh demanded an enquiry into the matter.
By-Khushwant Singh

Khushwant Singh is a journalist with the Times of India, India's leading daily.
© Copyright 2006 Khush (khushwant at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147321-Where-is-the-missing-baby