*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147333-Jenny-on-the-Swim
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1147333
talking dolphins, evil sea serpent and one little girl
Jenny on the Swim



Splash. Another wave broke against the ship. Jenny stood watching wave after wave. The sun light seemed to dance on the water and the occasional dolphin jumped out of the water. It was a beautiful day and Jenny loved it. She was on a trip with her aunt and uncle out on the sea. Everything was going well.

As she was watching the waves and the sun a green glow came up towards the boat. Out came the equivalent of a sea serpent. Jenny didn't notice it. Her aunt and uncle saw it though."Jenny! Move away from the side of the ship!" her aunt yelled. Her uncle swung the ship around fast. Jenny fell out onto the back of the sea serpent. Her aunt and uncle were speeding down far away by the time they realized Jenny had fallen out. They started the frantic search.

Meanwhile the sea serpent had noticed Jenny and it was trying to crush her. Jenny screamed. Suddenly the sea serpent spoke. . "How dare you touch me!" A dolphin jumped over the sea serpent. The serpent moved to snap at it. Jenny fell off it's back and into the water. Another dolphin came to her support. It swam away with her on its back and the other dolphin was at it's side. The booming voice of the sea serpent rang out as he shrieked, "I will get you. No one touches me."

Jenny gripped the dorsal fin of the dolphin as it swam fast away. "You don't need to grip that hard. I won't let you drown."

"Woah!" Jenny was amazed. "I didn't know dolphins could talk."

"Of course we can. Oh by the way how did you get tangled with 'ole Green Head?" the dolphin Jenny was riding on asked.

"Who? Jenny was now comfortable. "His real name is Arsenic. he's that Sea Serpent that just about crushed you. Speaking of names mine is Jack and this is Matt. What should we call you?" "Jenny."

"Alright then Jenny. We need to get you to land. Green Head can't get you there."

"Jack we are hundreds of miles from any shore. This'll take days to get her back . Green head will eventually cathc up to us."

"You have a point there Matt. We need to make sure she has something to eat too."

"I have a granola bar in my pocket." Jenny said. She took it out.

"That won't last you for days kid" Matt looked at it.

"Oh no. I'm gonna die." Jenny began to cry.

"Now, now. No you won't. We'll make sure of that." Jack soothed. "First we gotta work on gettin' you to breathe underwater. Then we'll figure out how to feed you. Our only real problem will be covering our trail. Green Head recognized us and he can smell us a mile away."

"Yeah. I think we need to stop at the Bottlenose for the night. They got special air for humans that have to deal with Green Head and his crew."

During this time Arsenic (aka Green Head) had gotten word out to a network of sea serpents that he was the head of to keep an eye out for a human girl and Jack and Matt. Several that were together when the news reached them went at rapid speed towards the Bottlenose.

Matt, Jack, and Jenny were getting close to the Bottlenose by nightfall. As they were nearing though several dolphins were speeding away from it. There was a great rumble as 5 sea serpent sped after them. Matt and Jack knew what to do. They bumped noses with other dolphins and Matt swam towards the Bottlenose. He came back up with an unidentifiable device. "Quick touch this, Jenny." Jenny didn't think She just touched it. Poof! She disappeared. "Alright Jenny. Hold on." Jack yelled. They sped away under the water.

The sea serpents realized the scent they were following was weak. This infuriated them. They quickly turned around. This time they move there untiring fastest toward Jenny and the dolphins.

As Jenny and Matt and Jack were moving along the water started to swirl as they were approaching a hurricane in the making. Jenny nearly let go of Jack. They were trapped between the swirling hurricane and five very angry sea serpents. Their only protection was their invisibility and that wouldn't stop the hurricane and eventually their scent would attract the sea serpents to their exact position. The water was swirling faster and faster. The sea serpents were caving in. Only a miracle could save them now. Suddenly, woosh! They were sucked downward. They found themselves in the clutches of a sea serpent. They were doomed!

About a 1/2 mile away the five lost the scent completely. They sniffed in every direction, but it was gone.

Psych! Doomed? I think not! While the five were sniffing around Jenny, Jack, and Matt were being treated to a hot meal. Well, Jenny was. Matt and Jack were eating raw fish. This sea serpent was not part of the ranks of Arsenic. He was Blue and that's what he was called too.

"There aren't to many of us around." Blue said after explaning why he had saved them instead of destroyed them. "Arsenic used to be cool. Even had a different name, but then decided to be evil and now the ocean is an extreme danger to all but Arsenic and his gang.In fact his gang isn't entirely safe. If Arsenic thinks any of them are threatening his dominance, they're gone.!"

"Hey Blue," Jack said, "Why is it so calm? There were five of Green Head's gang fast on our trail. This part of the sea should be rumbling with fury!"

"When I got you they probably lost your scent. All sea serpent smell exactly the same. My scent is so strong it totally nuetralized yours. They thought they were smelling themselves."

During this time Jenny had fallen asleep. The past day or so had been tiring.

The five had reported to Arsenic. "I will send out the whole force. We will find them. No one especially no human touches me!" The alarm was sounded. Se Serpents from Arsenic's force came out from al places in the ocean. It was only a matter of time.

Of course the alarm was heard by all ocean dwellers not just Arsenic's gang. And of course the rest of the ocean dwellers sounded thier own alarm. All ocean dwellers sounded thier own alarm. All ocean dwellers would be in the very center of the ocean within hous. This was war and it was war about a human. A young human who had never done anything to hurt them.

All over the ocean squids, starfish, sharks, whales, fish, dolphins, jellyfish, and an assortment of several other sea creatures including sea serpents blasted through the ocean waters.

The ocean rumbled. Jenny woke up with a jolt. She gripped Jack's dorsal fin. "Ow!" Jack said. "Calm down Jenny. We can't have you freaking out now. You need to be calm amongst the jellyfish. They're going to be your portection.The ocean is going on an all out war. It's over you but you need to stay calm. Nothing is going to happen to you."

"Are you sure? The Green guy was really mad." Jenny showed how terrified she was.

Jack, Matt, Jenny, and Blue reached the very center of the ocean. There was an extreme bustle of colorful sea creatures. Jack dropped Jenny in the middle of a herd of jellyfish. She put her hands over her eyes. "Don't worry little one," a bright red jellyfish soothed. "We decide who we sting and don't sting. You won't get stung. We're here to protect you."

Suddenly a large rumble came through. Cold water passed by. Arsenic's green head appeared along with the heads of several other sea serpents, sharks, and several other black and grey unidentifiable creatures.. The moment Arsenic's whole calvary came to a halt war broke out. Dolphins nosed at sharks, sea serpents from the two sides bashed heads, jellyfish stung at sharks, and the black and grey unidentifiable creatures clawed at starfish who suctioned on to them creating an annoying sensation. Jenny all the while floated through the water surrounded by colorful jellyfish that stung anything of dull color that came near her.

Then bam! Arsenich lived up to his name as a stream of liquid poison flowed through water knocking out anyone in it's ath except fo the jellyfish luckily for Jenny. In fact being in the midst of such a strong concentration of them made it so that Jenny didn't get hit.

The fight raged on. There were major casualties on both sides. Several starfish had lost their legs. many dolphins noses were badly bruised. Sea serpents on both sides had major head bruises. Arsenic went straight for the herd of jellyfish that were protecting Jenny. Blue rushed at him with Jack and Matt coming from two other direction., the jellyfish prepared to sting, Jenny closed her eyes tight. Arsenich was about to strike the jellyish herd when bam1 he got hit from 3 sides and was stung by 100's of jellyfish all at once. Arsenich went unconcious. He fell into the depths of the sea. His legions ere without a leader. In terror they fled in every coceivable direction.

The sea became quite. Several of the creatures started back to their communities. The jellyfish gave Jenny assuring pats on the back and took off. Jack, Matt, and Blue scooped Jenny up. Now they could get her back to land. The rest of the journey was relaxed and speedy. They met several other dolphins along the way. There was Jane, Jill, Kyle, Jake, and Carol. They accompanied them to the shorline of California. There were several ships out with search parties looking for Jenny. Blue said goodbye to Jenny giving her one of his scales and then disappeared into the depths of the sea. Jack and Matt didn't leave her side until she was pulled up by one of the men on a ship. Jenny said goodbye and hugged both of them and asking if they culd visit at the shore some time. They promised they would.

So, Jenny made it safely back home. She grew up to be a marine-biologist and brought about many discoveries about the ocean that would never had been discovered had she not had her adventure. She still to this day visits Jack and Matt at the shore.


© Copyright 2006 And Stuff (andstuff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147333-Jenny-on-the-Swim