*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147826-I-Was-Wrong
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1147826
A poem about listening to the wrong people, doing the wrong things.
I thought it would last forever, but it didn't. The lies, the deceit, the hate. I thought I loved him, I thought he loved me... but I was wrong.
I never should have listened. I should have stopped to think. But instead I went ahead, said things I shouldn't have said, believed things I shouldn't have believed. What people say isn't always true. I learnt that the hard way, because I thought I was right. But I was wrong.
It took me a year to work it out. A difficult puzzle, almost impossible. I thought long and hard. If I said the wrong thing I had to start again. I f I said the right thing a new puzzle began. It was difficult and I regret what I did. I now know that I was wrong.
Finally I worked it out. I knew what I did wrong. I tore myself away and found new friends, ones I know I can trust. A new romance is looming. Coming my way. Will it work out this time? I leave the old bad ways to join the new good ways. People who mean what they say and love me for who I am, instead of manipulating me into something they want me to be.
I was wrong then but now, I know I'm right.
© Copyright 2006 dream-to-live (penpixie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147826-I-Was-Wrong