*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147844-DAD
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1147844
WORDS I WISH I COULD SAY TO MY DAD.
People tell me you used to be different and I know that it's true.I remember a time when you had control over your demons, or at least you cared enough to try. There were times when you would hold us close and tell us that we were the only things that mattered in your life. But those feelings never lasted as alcohol became your constant companion and the root of all my nighhtmares. Dad, we paid the price for your lifestyle.

You held us in your arms when we were tiny babies. You promised to love and protect us and always put us first. Why did it all go wrong? When did the bitter taste of alcohol become sweeter than our laughter?

You missed our whole childhood. You stood by our side, blinded as we grew. You didn't share our happiness or wipe away our tears.

I have a family of my own now. You have grandchildren you never see. You live alone, I know you're lonley. Why do you never call?

Despite all you've done (and all you have not done); despite all the things I hate you for, I still love you. I still need you in my life.

You have a second chance to give your life meaning, to make it matter, and to be loved. Don't be ashamed to take it. *Heart*
© Copyright 2006 jellybean (jellybean at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147844-DAD