*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148401-Tell-Me-About-Him
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Relationship · #1148401
Diem tells Lisa about her fiance Adrian.
"So tell me about Adrian. What kind of person was he?" Lisa asked crossing her legs and sitting back in her chair.

What if this is just a way for her to get me to talk about him? What if her husband and daughter are walking this earth right now? Pretty convincing act, I'll have to say that. If she's lying about this, I will so injure her! But, I don't know that so I'll just tell her. "Diem?.....Diem are you okay?" Lisa asked tilting her head. "Yeah. I'm fine." Diem said with a reasurring smile. "Tell me about Adrian." Lisa said and looked at her with such intrest.

"He, was one of the sweetest, funniest, smartest, energetic, collected and generous person I'd ever met. It was like he was something I had been praying for so long to come in my life. Adrian....Adrian VanAdams was the most beautiful on the inside and out," she said that as she shifted on the couch. "He was the reason I got sober. He was my rock, my best friend, the reason I woke up everyday. Just the love of my life I guess." Diem sad as she twilled her fingers.

"Describe the kind of relationship you had with him." Lisa said.

"What do you mean like how we met?" Diem said looking up at Lisa.

"Whatever you want to tell me about your relationship." Lisa said focusing the camera more.

"Well, we met when we were seventeen. I was kind of going through something with my mom," Diem swallowed. "In high school I kind of got this rep that I was a stuck-up snob. But, what people didn't know, I lost my dad the year before and I just dealt with it in the wrong way," Diem's eyes start getting watery and she smiled as she wiped her tears away. "But umm, I started using alot of drugs, and taking my anger out on everyone. And,"

Lisa interrupted. "What kind of drugs did you use?" Lisa put chin in her hand.

"Anything really. Like maybe herion and some cocaine. Even a couple ounces of weed and sometimes acid. But anyway, I did some herion that night and he found me in an alley. I had passed out. He put me in the back of his car and drove me to the hospital. I was there for maybe three days, the day I got out of the hospital he took me to rehab. After I did the detox program I stayed clean for maybe three months. Then I got slipped back in and he found out. I went to the hospital again and this time he called my mom. She didn't even know I was in the hospital the first time."

"Why didn't she know?" Lisa asked.

"I felt embarrased, ashamed. That I didn't go to her rather than just not do what I did," a tear rolled down Diem's cheek and she wiped it away. "So I went to rehab again and my mom decided that I should switch schools and start making new friends. So when I was here in New York for college," Diem tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Why did you move out here after the attack?" Lisa asked.

"I couldn't stay in that house anymore. To many memories, things I didn't want to face. So I just moved back here to New York. So, I saw him at a coffee shop right across the street from NYU. We caught up with each other and I it felt good that I got a second chance and that felt good. I knew he was apart of that. Then the dates came and the "I love you's" and we stayed together for eight and a half years."

"Then he proposed and it was so funny how he proposed to me," she said that with a smile. "He knew that I absolutely positively hated The Giants and they were in the Superbowl and it was in Boston that's where we bought a house. But anyway, he knew I wasn't going to the game. But he said that he took my cell phone and by mistake," Diem looked at Lisa who just had this grin on her face.

"So he said he would meet me in the front but he didn't. He led me to the arena where he was standing in the middle of the field. When I saw my face on the big screen I kinda had this feeling like he was about to propose to me. And I walked down the steps to the railing and he said...

"Diem Shannon Burrows, I love you with all my heart, my soul, my mind, with all I am, and who I wanna be. You make me happier than I've ever been and I want to continue to be happy with you for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?"

"He got down on his knee and I shouted from the railing yes. He didn't hear me so I ran down all those stairs and I said yes. We were engaged for maybe a year or so we were gonna get married September 18th but the attack happened." she looked down and then looked back up.

"Can ask you a question Lisa?" Diem asked.

"Yeah. Sure." Lisa said sitting foward.

"What was you husband's name?" Diem asked looking at Lisa.

"His name was Guleppe," Lisa said licking her lips. "I called him Jew though." Lisa said looking at him.

"He was Italian wasn't he?" Diem asked putting her feet on the floor.

"Yeah. How did you know that?" Lisa asked.

"My dad's family is from Italy. And he told me about my friend he had in Italy named Guleppe. What was your daughter's name?" Diem said.

"Sicilia." Lisa said without hesitation.

"That's a pretty name. I bet she was a pretty girl." Diem said looking at fingers then at Lisa.

"She was beautiful. She had this long brown and black hair. It was curly. She had these gorgeous hazel-green eyes and dimples. I miss her more than I can tell you. But you should feel lucky. You have a little bundle on the way." Lisa said with a grin.

"I don't feel lucky." Diem said with a little sadness.

"You should." Lisa said with seriousness.
© Copyright 2006 Dudette (skateboardchic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148401-Tell-Me-About-Him