*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148609-INSOMNIA
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1148609
I have insomnia
It’s 3:55 AM. I’ve been up for almost 24 hours now. I won’t be asleep for another 2. Then I have to get up at 9 and go to school. INSOMNIA. I’ve had longer periods, were I’ve been awake for almost two days, not that I was actually awake the whole time, I had an hour of sleep or so, but even that’s not enough. INSOMNIA! It plays havoc with your mind. You lose concentration easily, that’s the first sign. You feel tired, when your up, and awake when your lying down. Your whole body starts to ache, starting with your head and legs, then moving inward. The hours start to blend together, time becomes meaningless. Your vision grows so tired that it goes out of focus for seconds at a time. You hallucinate, you see things moving in the corner of your eye. There goes the fridge humming, 4 AM, right on time.

I’ve tried sleeping medicine, like Ambien, and although they help, I find myself tired the next day, sleeping sometimes tell the afternoon. You depend on caffeine to get you going through the day, but it all takes it toll. INSOMNIA! It’s a bitch!

I wonder how much sleep President Bush gets every day. There’s no way he can receive more than 3 maybe 4 hours, maybe. Think about it, he has the whole nation in his hands, dropping few states here and there, but still that's enough to limit him down to 5 hours easily. Then think about all the phone calls from different leaders around the world he must get, and every leader calling at there convenience, so it could be 9 AM on the other side of the world, but 3 AM here, and the President would have to take the call. Man that sucks, now he’s down to 4 hours of sleep, and counting.

He is always flying from one place to another, giving mispronounced speeches, practicing for those speeches, meeting head of states, some more speech practicing, doing a little war here and there, retaking basic grammar and pronunciation, no wonder this guy's looking so grim these days, No its official, there’s no way President Bush can sleep, maybe 2 or 3 hours at the limit. He must have insomnia, hell maybe I could be President someday...


© Copyright 2006 Dr Winston O Boogie (choikesta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148609-INSOMNIA