*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148794-Hanks-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1148794
Hank gets disgruntled

Hank’s Place



“Hank another batch of nacho’s for the band,” Stella yelled out.

“Why for Stella, ain’t they had enough?” The band was eating more than they were playing. That wasn’t a bad thing, but his and Stella’s daughter Daisy Mae begged them to let Bobby Joe’s band play. Hank didn’t like Bobby Joe much, from what he saw the kid spent more time looking at Daisy Mae than playing his guitar.

“Ain’t he great Pa?” Daisy Mae said with a look of puppy love in her eyes.

“Well I don’t know that I much care for his music, but as long as your happy.” Hank said thanking the Lord at least part of that was true enough.

“Oh Pa, I am. Just look what he gave me!” She held up a heart shaped locket. “Then he told me we were gonna get married.” Daisy looked at her daddy, then back to where Bobby was, missing the anger in Hank’s eyes.

“What did you say Daisy Mae Crawford!” Hank yelled stopping the music and talking that was going on out in the bar.

“We’re gettin married Pa, and we’re gonna travel so Bobby Joe can play his music.” Daisy still missed the fact that her daddy was angrier than a hornets nest.

Stella came running in to see what the yelling was about, and one look at Hank told her it wasn’t good. “Now Hank, don’t go gettin all disgruntled.”

“You want disgruntled Stella?” Hank stormed over to Daisy, grabbed the locket from her neck, breaking it, and then turned with Daisy holding onto his arm begging “Don’t hurt him Pa.”

Hank stomped up to Bobby Joe, grabbed his acoustic guitar, and smashed it over his head, causing all the people still in Hank’s Place to stand and cheer.

Word Count = 297

Written for
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon


Prompt: Write a story about an acoustic guitar, a broken locket, and a disgruntled chef.
© Copyright 2006 SL Krieg (stormycats at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148794-Hanks-Place