*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1149302-Starlight
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1149302
This is a story
Starlight

Starlight flapped her wings.She felt troubled, lost and afraid. More so for her feelings, because they were tattered and frayed.
She walked slowely towards the mirror that hung limp in the bathroom. The mirror, where she had studied her reflection many times before.
Her hair, tumbling from the hood that was it's embrace, swirled around as the wind let in a forcefull gale.It shined a shimmery blue, transformed by the dye she used. Her eyes matched today.
Glancing down in the sink she saw her razor. Sharpened from the previous night before.
Moonlight flowed and brighted up her eyes. Scared because what she was about to do was against her nature.
She wouldn't be Starlight anymore. No more wings to let her soar. Her name would be erased. Her wings would die.
Pale hands slipped out of her jacket. Down untill it reached the sink. No more tears, she'd cried enough when she was asleep. And now awake, she must act.
The light was switched off, darkness pooled into the room. Puddles of darkness which escaped the moonlight were intimidating. She couldn't face herself any more. It was time to fly.
And she sang for the moonlight, a depressing harmony. About her deapreciation, about her wanting to let ago. She sang of times when all was ok. And she sang about the present when all she wanted to do was go away.
She stared into the mirror, haunted by the other side. As her right hand lifted, so did her left. She pained for the other side, she longed to be in the Nowhere, She longed for nights when she wouldn't wake.
An Earlthy sunrise rose to wake the morn. Still Starlight's deed was not done. She couldn;t bring herself to face the other side. Yet the tazor still beckoned with it's teeth.
A phone ringed. A bird singed. A child called. A kiss stalled.
Yet no river was flodded. No pain had beed released, no secret letting go.
Her mother would call soon, her boyfriend woul drop by. And so she had to do the deed, she had to say goodbye.
Yet she had one more thing that she had to do. She couldn't face the fact that she would leave without saying goodbye. She wrote the letter in her nail polish. It scrubbed up well, at least it looked ok.
The mirror sang her name, [i]come back to me my love[/i]
And now she knew that her time was over.
Counting down and freezing still, clawing nails against her will, she tried to defy...
But the pain was just too much. And the pain was just too bad. But there was no going back, there was no backing out.
Slowely, so slowely, she followed the footsteps of Madame Death. Dhe beckoned, with her ruby finger. And she sang, oh how she sang. She sang untill Starlight was complete. Starlight was complete.

And the moonlight still sings up to this day, about Starlights wish to die. About her wish to say goodbye to the world when there was so much that she could do.
© Copyright 2006 KaylanR (kaylanr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1149302-Starlight