*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151533-Turning-Point
by EJ
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1151533
The beginning of a new age: 15. A life filled with danger, yet unwilling to stop.
Turning Point
What you’re reading is a story I’m writing. Every now and then I will submit another chapter. Material may not be suitable for all ages.





Chapter 1



Finally, the day had come, the day that meant every thing to me, nothing was this important. Then I heard the loud voice of the alarm trying to wake me up. It was here. I got of bed, and looked at the tall, tired figure in the mirror. His dark blonde hair and crystal blue eyes reflected back at me. His hair was a mess, wow, what a mess, and remembered it was me. I walked into the kitchen, smelling a great, pleasant smell.
“Mmm... What’s that smell?” I asked the back of whoever was at the stove. I thought it was John, He’s my oldest brother. But when I saw him turn around, I noticed it was Craig.
“Pancakes for you,” He said, “How many you want? Fourteen? Or isn’t it fifteen this year? That’s right!” He remembered. I was grateful. “Happy birthday, chum.” He told me. Err... Chum… I hate that nickname. I gave a face as if I tasted a sour egg. “Oh yea! Your not chum anymore! I forgot about that, man! You shoulda reminded me yesterday that your birthday was today!” he joked.
“Thanks” I said with a short laugh. “Say, where’s John? Did he forget?” I asked, almost worried. Last year he forgot my birthday, thinking that’d he forget again made my stomach sick.
“I think so… He just left the house…” He said, trying to remember events before I had awoken. “Aw… D***, I’m sorry, Keith, why don’t you go sit in the living room while I make you a great breakfast” he said.
I started walking out of the kitchen when I heard someone else. “Yea, I’m sorry too…” Aw man, they pulled a sly one on me... That made me feel real dumb. “Come here, little guy, or should I dare say it, big guy!” I turned around and jumped to John, Making him fall down intentionally. “How about a gift, guy?” he said, reaching in the cabinet. Oh yea, the moment I was waiting for… the best gift that I’d, chances are, ever get. “Well, you’ll have to wait after dinner, bud, okay?”
“Aw… That bites!” I complained. “ I finally get here, and I gotta wait? Grr…” I wished I could have the gift, but I understood why, Id have more gifts by then, too. The gang would drop a few, no doubt. Like Taz, I knew he would. He’s always been cool to me. He’s in our gang. When I say gang, I don’t mean people who do drive-bys and all, I mean a band of friends, who just got each others backs. And there was Topper, he’d probably bring me another switch blade, but I didn’t mind, it’s the thought that counts. And, speaking of thought, there Fayte. Beautiful, sweet Fayte. Even her name had an attractive ring to it. Fayte, such a beautiful name, and such a beautiful girl. And her sister, April, she was pretty too, but way older than me. Fayte was fifteen and had beautiful brown gold hair, with two crystal pools of Ice for eyes. She hung out with us too.
So it was Craig, John, Taz, Topper, and Fayte. And the youngest of them all? Me. Well what could you expect? I just turned fifteen. And I really don’t mind. They’re my best friends, and the best friends anyone could have, so if that’s a problem, deal with it.
Then Taz and Fayte walked in. “Happy birthday, Kieth!” They said in unison. Wow, I really love my birthdays.
© Copyright 2006 EJ (xp3r7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151533-Turning-Point