*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152503-Lethe-Falls
by STM
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1152503
Sarah's just a girl trying to find her past but seems to find danger instead
Prologue

December 5th 1999

Please, oh Please God someone help me. I don't know what to do. Please believe me I'm not crazy. They're There. I see them. Help. Save me. I don't know what to do. I don't want to die. Don't let me die. Please, oh god, please some one just save. me.


Five years. Its been five years since those words escaped my mouth. Since that feeling took over me. Since my so called break down. I know they knew. They had to a have. They're every where. I hoped and prayed that, that would never happen again, and yet history seems to be repeating it's self. I can't handle it. They told me that I got better. That my hallucinations were gone. They're liars, all of them. I'm scared. There doesn't seem to be a good ending for me. Either I'm as crazy as they said and I'll get sent back to that place. That horrible place. The Asylum that is suppose to help. Or even worse, I'm not crazy and were all going to die.......................

I wish........I wish...............I wish I knew what to do. College was suppose to end this. I was suppose to have a good time and have a good life. I have everything right now Trent, Liza, Kendra, Laura and John. God I cant tell them can I? No they'll send me back. I have to do this alone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1

October 1 1999

Sarah laid on the bed cold bed, wide awake. It was past 2:00 am as she stared up at her ceiling clutching her only defense in her hand. The small cell phone illuminated a small source of light from the screen around her bed. She knew she couldn't do this. It was late and she had a physics test at 8:00. She desperately needed her rest but couldn't. Her mind was buzzing the same way it had done years ago after she was found rocking back and fourth in front of a bench by Laura and John Storker.

She remembered how cold she was that night too. It was raining while she sat there letting the droplets of water wash over her body. She felt dead, she was pale and she had no idea where she was or who she was. 15 years old and without any memory of her past not something a lot of adults want to deal with. What she said that day was still cloudy to her. She remembered crying and trying to keep from slipping out of conscious. The soft touch of Laura's hand taking her own reassured her and let her know she could be trusted. She informed her about that people after her and everything that was going on in her mind. And where did pouring out her soul end her, with the label of emotionally disturbed and sent to asylum.

Those were the worst years of her life, well at least of the parts she could remember. Two years of people telling her she was crazy, two years of people giving her sympathetic looks for her situation. She finally learned to not say anything. If you just played along with them they left you alone and after awhile you started to believe them. That was how it worked. They made you think you were crazy because they didn't want to deal with some crazy teen. But that was her past. She was completely fine now, they deemed her sane and since she was only 17 was taken in by the very people you found her.

Over the next 3 years they became her family. Her parents, the people that only wanted the best for her and even helped her get into a great college like this. She shook her head knowing everything they had done for her and she was just blowing it because she had always been more accustomed to the night then the day. Every time she stepped into the light she would get bad sun burns and massive headaches.Though thankfully she was lucky enough to have most of her classes at night, except for stupid physics that had to be at 8:00 am.

Her mind whirled around all the thoughts that replayed in her mind involving her mysterious past and even to present issues like her test in................. 20 minutes. "Shit" She screamed out jumping off her bed. She couldn't believe where the time had gone. She ran over to her closet almost colliding into her roommates bunk.

"Shut up and keep it down Sarah..............." Kendra moaned with her slight southern accent as her milky brown arm slid over the railing. "it's.........7.......40" Sarah stated while brushing her teeth. "What?" Kendra practically screeched out as she flew over the railing barely landing on her feet. She raced over to the closet shoving Sarah out of the way to get a better look at her wardrobe.

"Excuse....you.." She tried to get out but with no avail. Kendra stripped down then through her brown baby phat shirt and a mini skirt. Sarah shook her head and walked over to the facet in the bathroom and spat out the toothpaste. "God Ken your going to kill someone. " Sarah had barely finished her sentence or left the bathroom when Kendra bolted out of the door carrying her flip flops in hand after giving a hasty good bye. Sarah gave a little laugh before grabbing some of her on clothes and quickly putting them on before heading to her classroom.

As she peered back around at her clock she realized that she better dash too or she would be in hell with Mr. Holerowando. She ran down the stairs trying her best not to end up face first on the cement. A glance at her watch informed her that she was already two minutes late. "Damn, he's going to kill me." She muttered while trying to run in the shaded parts of her personalized route to class. Forgetting to grab a hat was one thing, but no sun block. She silently cursed to herself at the realization that she would completely burnt by the time she got back to her dorm.

There it was. Just a couple of building's down. The pain of her existence, Physics. She glanced at her watch again. "8:10. I hope he lets-" She suddenly stopped. That, that feeling was starting to come over her again. The hairs on the back on her neck started to prickle up and a cold chill ran up her spine. She was undoubtedly frozen in fear. She hadn't felt that way since she was let out of Doriss Grove mental facility. She cold feel the terror continue to rise in her body as she debated about turning around to catch who ever has been stocking her ever since she arrived to Lethe Falls. The reason that she had been sent to Doriss Grove.

It was like everything had slowed down as she turned around to face who ever it was. She just hoped it wouldn't be like the past encounters with her mystery stalker. She gazed in front of herself looking straight at the Elm tree then shifting towards the an alley close by. He was there. She knew it. Her proof, unlike before he was still there, hiding maybe but he was there. She quietly started to make her way towards the the large brick wall that lead to the alley. Her heart starting to beat faster as her body shook with anticipation. She reached her hand out placing it on the wall. She prepared herself to peer around the corner to get a good look in the alley as he felt two hands seize her around the waste.

She let out a helpless scream as she was whizzed around to face the person who had her. As she saw the dazzling green eyes in front of her she let out a sigh of relief. "God Trent you scared the crap out of me." She said with a slight smile playing across her lips at the site of her boyfriend standing in front of her. He didn't seem to be as happy to see her as she was to see him. "What are you doing out here?" He asked seriously, his eyes looking darker for a moment. She watched his gaze move from her eyes to over her shoulder, she attempted to turn and see what he was looking at, but he gently but firmly grabbed her by the arm bringing her gaze to his eyes. "I was heading to class." She said weakly momentarily confused with the way he was looking at her. She had never seen him look so pissed off at her.

"What the hell is your problem?" She asked getting her composure back and twisting out of his grip. "Nothing. I was just worried about my girlfriend. Where right by the outskirts of campus and there are a lot of weirdos that hang out around here. Sorry for being worried. " He said in a bit of an agitated tone. She lifted her hand up and ran it through her dark brown hair trying to understand why Trent was mad at her. All thoughts of who ever was in the alley left her quickly as the precedence of her boyfriend problems took over.

"Look how about you skip class and we hang out at my dorm?" he offered letting his mood lighten a bit. She couldn't help letting her confused expression show. He was all arsey with her a couple of seconds before and now he wants to be all nice. That wasn't like him but she wasn't abut to get into a big fight with him for no reason at all. "Okay" He reached out and locked arms with her before heading towards his dorm room.

A/N: Yeah I know its a bit weird. tried to get all spelling problems sorry if some remain. Any comments or suggestions would be really helpful especially since im a bit foggy with where I should go from here.


© Copyright 2006 STM (malaireson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152503-Lethe-Falls