*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152537-After-taking-a-short-trip
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Cultural · #1152537
I went to Je Ju Island, which is located in the southern of Korea.
I went to Je Ju Island, which is located in the southern of Korea, here Korea means South Korea, with my mother and my sister. My sister and my mother have been to the island once. In our days, we use to go there as a graduation trip. But that was the first time my mother went there so she was very excited to be there. The island has changed a lot. I don't remember a lof about the island because it has been ages since I've been there. But when I first got there I could inhale fresh air and smell of plants and trees. It was scorching, it was a beautiful day, though. The airport was as big as Pusan's. A tour guide was waiting for us and other tourists as well. She was short and chubby and her skin was pretty clean but she looked a little old becasue her short and curly hair. She looked a little bit tired and her voice was not that energetic. She asked us to wait at one side of her while she was waiting for the others. Before long, everyone who was supposed to join this trip gathered together and we were ready to leave the airport lounge. There was a travel bus waiting for us and got on it quickly because it was very hot so we really wanted to get the cool air from the air conditioner. It was so cool that we could smile and enjoy the beautiful weather. When we looked up to the sky, we realized that the sky was different from Pusan's. When we saw the trees on each side of the roads, we realized that they were different from Pusan's. The palm trees! They were huge.In Pusan, there are many Korean style pine trees and cherry blossoms but we hardly ever have palm trees. The place where we first got there was called 'Yong Doo Arm'. 'Arm' in Korean stands for 'rock or stone'. That was a black, big, and unsual shaped rock. The guide said that a poor dragon became the rock. I don't remember what had happened to the dragon. And then we moved to a green tea farm and its museum. I've been to another green farm, which is located in Jun Ra Province. Some soap operas were shot there because the farm is so beautiful and romantic. It looks so green and clean and the shape of the tea farm is attractive. When I went there, it was very crowded with people. I think this farm in Je Ju Island is bigger than that. Well, I can't say that this is more beautiful than that because it is just flat that it made me bored. The picture of it taken in a winter was so outstanding with a lot of snow, I couldn't hardly ever see the tea leaves. We looked around the museum, a green tea related museum, and there were a lot of ceramics or potteries made by many countries, most of them were made in Korea, though displayed. I love them. Oh my word! They are so beautiful. They are amazing. They look simple. Some people don't know or don't care How great they are or How different they are from ordinary ones. I love them so much. I have a great honor toward the potters.
© Copyright 2006 everyone (johna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152537-After-taking-a-short-trip