*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152626-Black-Eyed-Susan
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1152626
A myth about the black eyed susan
Black eyed Susan
There was once a woman who was very mean. She had 7 daughters. 6 of them had black hair, green eyes and were very mean like their mother. But the 7th, whose name was Susan had dirty blonde hair black eyes and was sweat and kind and had a glorious voice. Her sisters and mother all hated her and made her into their servant. One day while Susan was sitting on top of a hill she began to sing. All the birds came to listen. Even the ground began to listen. Suddenly in the middle of the song Susan heard the ground speak, “Come and live with me and be my bride.” Susan shook her head.
“I can not,” she said. “What would my mother and sisters do without me?” So Susan went home. At home she told her sisters what had happened.
“Why did you not go with the ground,” her sisters said. “We don’t want you here.” When Eesha, the clouds heard this she placed the 6 daughters at the bottom of the sea. So whenever you sea a darkness in the sea it is the 6 daughters’ hair. And when a storm comes it is only Eesha punishing the daughters for trying to escape their prison. After this Susan went back to the hill and sand again and again the ground spoke, “Come and live with me and be my bride.” Susan shook her head.
“I can not,” she said. “For what would my mother do without me.” Susan went home and told her mother what had happened.
“Why did you not go with the ground?” her mother said. “I do not want you here!” Hearing the ground’s cruelty Himmin, the lightning turned Susan’s mother into a tree. Whenever you see a weeping willow know that it is the cruel mother crying for her selfishness. Susan, sad and lonely went back to the hill and sang a sad tune. And the ground spoke once more, “Come and live with me and be my bride.” Susan agreed. She went to live in the ground and when you see a black eyed Susan remember not to pick it or you will be taking part of Susan away from the ground.
© Copyright 2006 Hannah Estar (hannahestar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152626-Black-Eyed-Susan