*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/115300-If-Only
Rated: · Fiction · Drama · #115300
this is a short story about one girls struggles
If Only
I remember the first time I noticed you it was about three years ago.We were both in tenth grade and you had been staring at meall through class.When I glanced up at you,you smiled and turned your head.I guess I didn't really pay that much attention then either.And I'm not sure why I still remember it.That was long ago now we are all graduating and moving on with our lives,as if nothing had happened,but something really did happen,something I'll never forget.You tried to kill me two years ago.You pulled a gun at our schools basketball practice.And you said that if you couldn't have me no one else could either.You shoot me in my side and I remember hitting the floor and everything going black.The paramedics words are still in my ears.The blood taste in my mouth.And the agonizing pain throughout my body.Even as I hit the floor you said I was yours.I wasn't to wake for four months.But when I did I found out something that was almost as awful as being in a coma.The doctor said I would more than likely be paralizied for the rest of my life.But even as the realization of that hit,I still didn't want to believe it.When I made my mind work the first thing that went through it was its all your fault.You've ruined my life,you took away my future.Because of you I couldn't play basketball which meant I didn't have any chance at a basketball scholarship.But I wouldn't let you win.With the help of family and friends I can finally walk again,but according to the doctor I will never play basketball again.Luckily I made good grades and with a lot of help from my teachers I may be able to get into college after all.As I stand her in front of our class as valedictorian,I think of how you would be here today instead of in jail if you would have thought about the conquences to your actions.
© Copyright 2001 Babygirl780 (babygirl780 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/115300-If-Only