*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153171-The-trees-look-funny
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1153171
A very short story I wrote while waiting for the kettle to boil!
For a few seconds, I forgot about how cold I was. I forgot about the ice on the ground. I forgot about the skyless sky. But when I remember about it all, I almost feel at home. The trees look funny when you lay on your side. I would sit up to see the icy tree's in their beautiful glory, but I hurt too much now.

The homeless man who used to haunt me in the playground as a child walked around the corner. “Hey! Hey you!” The toothless drunk spat. “Your in my...oh, oh sorry. I didn't see you properly.” He said apologetically once he saw me in proper sight. “No problem.” I replied.

The dizziness started to make me feel unwell. Ten minuets earlier I would be telling you how I was the happiest kid in Scotland. I was walking home, taking the short cut through the school. The school is no further than three streets away from my house. As I turned the corner, I interrupted business. Junkies, drug dealers, addicts, smack heads, stoner's and/or absolute wastes of life, saw me. They advanced on me and...well it involved punching and stabbing (on their behalf)until there was blood, on my behalf.

The trees look funny when your stomach is slashed to pieces and your entire body goes numb.
© Copyright 2006 Wee Dougie (wee-duggy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153171-The-trees-look-funny