*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153667-The-Conversation
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1153667
Funny, that some women have a different idea of what's important.
“She’s going to kill herself!” Trish held her breath after telling Susan her discovery.

Susan's fork dropped echoing through her kitchen. “You can’t be serious,” she whispered. “How do you know?”

“She doesn’t know, she’s just guessing.” Amanda stated matter-of-factly. “That’s what she wants to happen because then Steve would be free.”

Susan looked back and forth between her two best friends. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Obviously neither of them really knew, so they'd just have to keep an eye on the situation. She herself had no intention of watching Olivia kill herself, and she thought Trish was insane if she thought that would leave Steve free. “I think we need to calm down since there isn’t anything we can do about it right now.” Susan turned her head as she heard music coming from the living room. “We better go see what’s going on, but keep your opinions to yourself.” Susan sighed hoping that everything would work out.

As the three of them walked into the living room a loud gunshot rang out and Amanda yelled, “Oh my God, she shot Steve!”

Trish watched as Evan walked into the room, “call 911!”

The three women sank down on the couch and watched to see if help would reach them in time. After 45 minutes Steve was at the hospital and Olivia was behind bars. Susan looked down and sighed, “well ladies, I guess we wait until tomorrow’s episode of Living With Loves Lies to see if Steve makes it. You know it’s sad that this is the most important thing in our life right now.” They laughed as Susan turned off the TV.


Word Count = 294

Winner of
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
© Copyright 2006 SL Krieg (stormycats at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153667-The-Conversation