*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153761-Broken
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1153761
Based on the life of Rose Carter. A tragic tale.
"It's going to be a bad day." Billie Jean Stuart thought as she staggered up from the pile of rags she was forced to call a bed, and refused to even glimpse at her newest wounds.She could feel her back burning and her legs sting as she put her body weight on the two weak twigs. She moved quietly into the second room of the three room apartment, carefully noticing if anyone was around. She could see her mother passed out on the couch that had been left behind by the first tennants, with a bottle of whiskey in her hand. Billie was hoping that her father had already began his day of looking for a job, not that he was going to find one, and was going to stay gone all day.
Her mother stirred on the couch, but didn't wake up. It made no matter to the young teen if she woke up or not, Billie's life would be a lot more simple if she would stay asleep for the rest of her life. She made her way into the last room of the tiny apartment and looked in the cabinet for the slightest scrape of food. A tiny portion of cereal was left, after she picked the bugs out, and she filled up a empty styrafoam bowl with water and ate the stale tasteless food with her fingers. Lousia Stuart rolled off of the couch and into the kitchen and sat infront of her thirteen year old daughter. "It's that all the cereal!? I just bought that box!"
Billie didn't know if her mother remembered or not, but this particular box of fruit loops was over two years old. She slide the bowl to her mother. "You can have mine Mama." she wispered, giving up the only food she had, hoping her mother would decline her offer. Louisa shook her head. "You eat up, but be sure to save some for May when she gets home." she said pushing the bowl back and reffering to Billie's sister, whom had passed on four years befor due to internal injuries, thanks to Buddy Stuart and his fists of death. May was seven years old the day she died, that very day she turned eight, that was a hell of a birthday gift if you ask me.
Billie walked outside and looked down the street below her. She could jump, but being only a floor or two up, she may not die, and that was what she wanted to do. She never wanted to go outside, because of the ridcule she under went every day.
© Copyright 2006 katie_101 (katie_101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153761-Broken