*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153923-Memory
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Drama · #1153923
Man forgotten last few years of life
Walking into the room, she recognized the familiar face, that did not recognize her. She had told the doctor to not prepare him to see her, or to even tell him that he has a wife. She wanted to let things mend on their own. He had lost his memory three nights ago from the trauma of an awful car accident that had taken two lives. Luckily, he had only suffered a minor head injury.
He had no memory of her. That very statement came out of the doctor's mouth and had felt as if someone had just slashed at her heart to think that her husband would not remember her.
With a heavy heart, she had walked into his room, after the doctor had assured her that visiting him could help recover some memory. That hope diminished after she saw the blank look on his face as he glanced over at her and then at the window to his right. She had tears in her eyes, as she noted the way his hair looked the same as it did when she ran her hands through it, and his wedding ring placed carefully on the dresser beside him.
He looked up again at her after all the nurses and doctor left the room all giving sympathetic glances towards the woman that illuminated the doorway and wouldn't stop looking at him. He quietly said, “Would you like to sit down?”. She seemed startled at his voice and incapable of speech as she slowly nodded at the motion.
He looked over at her, her hair of infinite curls, the blue dress she had on with white flowers sprinkled all over, the wedding ring on her hand, and finally, his eyes moved to her face which held beautiful green eyes that caught his attention immediately.
He felt something achingly familiar about this all. Slowly, he closed his eyes as he felt something close to a headache come on.
She saw the pain on his face and quickly grabbed his hand in reflex to offer him comfort, but the second she touched his hand, his pain quickly faded as he slept quietly in peace. The dreams that came to him, felt like vivid memories coming from deep within him, memories he didn't know he had.
© Copyright 2006 Cunning Linguist (linguist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153923-Memory