*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154211-A-Stormy-Night
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1154211
Laura embraces herself in a storm
It was a dark and stormy night Laura stood at the kitchen window watching the lightening branch out in the night sky. She could feel the electricity in the air and the loud clap of thunder sent a charge through her system. She watched, and smiled, as the sky darkened while the storm moved over her house. It only took a few minutes and the stars and moon were hidden behind the mass of thick thunderclouds. These were the nights that she waited for; the nights she craved. She knew most women were scared of nights like this, but not her.

Blackness. She smiled as she walked into the dining room picking up the box of matches she set out. She loved the smell of the sulfur and the sound of the match striking the box’s side. She took her time, lighting a new match for each candle; blowing it out before it burned to the tip. Setting the scene of seduction, she now had nothing but the candlelight. This was her time to be herself; with no pretenses to who she was thought to be, with no judgments against her for her choices. She walked back into the kitchen and reached up over the sink to unlatch the window. Time to let it in.

She felt the wind slash through the screen, closed her eyes, and lifted her head as her hair whipped around her face. This is power. She reached down and unlatched the belt of her robe, letting it slide to the floor, leaving her bare. The cool wind with a hint of the cold rain played over her skin. She picked up her glass of wine and toasted her reflection in the window as the thunder shook her house. To me.

Word Count = 295

Winner of
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
© Copyright 2006 SL Krieg (stormycats at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154211-A-Stormy-Night