*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154489-The-Miracle-of-The-Pink-Rose-Petal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Spiritual · #1154489
A narrative based on a true event of a departed loved one finding peace.
Seven days before the fateful day, relatives of the soon to be departed were visiting. Bearing witness to the Beloved One’s soul slowly departing from the dying cage that encased it. As the visitors said their final farewells, they were discouraged. The beloved one was incapable to return the sentiments of the visitors. The visitors departed from the Beloved One’s presence and began to weep gently. The calamity which multiplied within the Beloved One had shattered both the host’s and the visitor’s hope and faith. As they were about to depart, the young visitor commented on the garden. She picked three flowers from the garden to take to her distant home. Without so much as a shawl or water to protect nurture the stems, the young visitor held them on the voyage back home.

When the visitors returned home, they planted the dry flowers in front of their home. They watered the flowers frequently and monitored their progress. The second day removed from the visit, the first bud died. Despite the first buds demise, the visitors continued to nourish the remaining two buds. The third day removed from the visit, the second bud was removed by a scavenger. Despite the destruction of the second bud, the visitors continued to nurture the third bud. When the fifth day came however, the bud hadn’t bloomed. The visitors gave up nourishing it, as the Beloved One passed away on the seventh day. Before the visitors returned for the ceremony of the Beloved One, the third bud remained unopened. The visitors anticipated that it would never bloom, and departed for the ceremony. After completing the journey and attending the ceremony, they departed to return home.

Deeply heartbroken over the loss, the entire world had turned black, until they returned home to see a radiating garden of light. The visitors stood in shock as they found the third bud in full bloom spreading seeds among the soil and encouraging other life to grow around it. The visitors who were the only witnesses proclaimed that is was a miracle, and that it was a sign that the Beloved One was at peace.
© Copyright 2006 PhantasyWriter (phantasywriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154489-The-Miracle-of-The-Pink-Rose-Petal