*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154535-Nadja-the-Writer
Rated: 13+ · Other · Biographical · #1154535
All the basic literary info
Nadja the Writer


Real Name: Nadja Baer
Pen Name: N Baer...or some variation of my real name/initials...we'll see what my publisher says (don't hold your breath!)
Favorite Book: If I only got to pick one...Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Favorite Author: The Bard, oh Shakespeare, Shakespeare, wherefore art thou, Shakespeare?
About my writing: I'm an aspiring novelist, with several books in progress that you can find in my port. I dabble in science fiction, chic lit, literary "mainstream" fiction, erotica, and fantasy. I'm 1/2 of NAsquared, and co-creator of the soon-to-debut web comic Impure Blood.
What I do when my muse goes on vacation: [Which she seems to do quite frequently--I'm in the market for a new one, do you know of any good ones? *Wink*] Part of the reason I'm working on six novels simultaneously is that I'm usually excited about one of them. If I have absolute writer's block on all of them, I look for contests to enter and short pieces to exercise on.
Writer's Ambition: Make the New York Times' Best Sellers list (hey, if I'm going to dream, I'm dreaming in technicolor with surround sound!)
What I consider good writing: Real characters. I'm not knocking the plot-driven style, or genres that don't typically include characterization, but all my favorites have characters that pull you into their worlds and make you feel like you've broadened your understanding of the human experience. My favorite works don't just let you escape from your own reality, but draw you into theirs and involve you in the story.
What gets on my writing nerves: Rushed pace, flawless characters (as in characters who are 100% good), too many adjectives, spelling mistakes, verb tense mistakes...etc. Above all else, plot inconsistencies. Before you condemn me as a hyper-crytical jerk, let me just say this applies to my own writing as well as that of others. I still make many mistakes, and take all constructive criticism with welcoming arms.
What really gets on my writing nerves: Nasty anonymous reviews--receiving them or hearing about my friends receiving them. These drive-by shootings kill the writing spirit and make authors feel bad about themselves. Many of us are here to learn. And if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
© Copyright 2006 Nadja B (nadjabaer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154535-Nadja-the-Writer